Thursday, October 10, 2013
OMAK The Miss Omak Stampede horsemanship competition planned for this Saturday has been canceled because one of the two contestants has dropped out.
Menze Pickering, a 17-year-old senior at Oroville High School, notified Stampede officials Oct. 9 that she’d rather enjoy her senior year free of royalty duties. She just came off a year of being Okanogan County Fair queen.
That means Okanogan student Tiffany Mannikko, 17, will be crowned during Stampede’s annual banquet Nov. 16, Stampede director Jeff Demmitt said.
Stampede has not had a contested queen competition since Amanda Emerson and Katie Fergus met in 2009.; Emerson was selected. Fergus later became queen in 2012.
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge