Thursday, October 10, 2013
OMAK The Miss Omak Stampede horsemanship competition planned for this Saturday has been canceled because one of the two contestants has dropped out.
Menze Pickering, a 17-year-old senior at Oroville High School, notified Stampede officials Oct. 9 that she’d rather enjoy her senior year free of royalty duties. She just came off a year of being Okanogan County Fair queen.
That means Okanogan student Tiffany Mannikko, 17, will be crowned during Stampede’s annual banquet Nov. 16, Stampede director Jeff Demmitt said.
Stampede has not had a contested queen competition since Amanda Emerson and Katie Fergus met in 2009.; Emerson was selected. Fergus later became queen in 2012.
More like this story
- Burn bans issued for Okanogan, Kittitas counties
- Play-in basketball games slated for tonight
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision