Wednesday, October 9, 2013
WINTHROP The Town Council has appointed Jessica Sheehan to fill a vacant seat through the end of the year.
Sheehan, 31, will be sworn in at the Oct. 16 meeting to Position No. 5.
She is taking the place of Clay Hill, who resigned last month when he took a job as staff counsel for the state Republican House Caucus in Olympia. Hill was appointed to the position in 2010 and was running for election this year against Dwight Filer.
More like this story
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge