Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK Tough Enough to Wear Pink fundraisers are providing free mammograms to local residents without insurance.
Two years ago, a woman who took advantage of a Tough Enough-funded mammogram was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Each year, Omak Stampede donates $1 from every Friday night rodeo ticket sold to the campaign, plus money from the sale of campaign T-shirts in its souvenir stand. A separate golf tournament also raises money for the cause.
Not all the sponsorships are in yet for either the rodeo event or the golf tournament, but organizers say they expect to give thousands to the cause.
Stampede expects to have about $6,000 to split among Wenatchee Valley Clinic and Mid-Valley Hospital, both in Omak, and North Valley Hospital in Tonasket, Office Manager Sarah Grooms said.
Each site matches the donation, doubling the Stampede fundraiser’s ability to provide free mammograms to uninsured patients.
“We know it’s helpful” to people in the community, Grooms said.
Meanwhile, the Aug. 23 Tough Enough to Wear Pink Golf Tournament drew 10 teams.
Proceeds stay in Okanogan County for free mammograms and follow-up cancer screens for women with no insurance, organizer Shauna Beeman said.
Not all proceeds from the tournament are in yet, she said.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-159 June 21, 28) NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DATE CHANGE
- 820 (2017-160 June 21, 28) PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the OCFD No 7 Commissioners
- 820 (2017-164 June 28) Public Auction Notice