Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK Tough Enough to Wear Pink fundraisers are providing free mammograms to local residents without insurance.
Two years ago, a woman who took advantage of a Tough Enough-funded mammogram was diagnosed with breast cancer.
Each year, Omak Stampede donates $1 from every Friday night rodeo ticket sold to the campaign, plus money from the sale of campaign T-shirts in its souvenir stand. A separate golf tournament also raises money for the cause.
Not all the sponsorships are in yet for either the rodeo event or the golf tournament, but organizers say they expect to give thousands to the cause.
Stampede expects to have about $6,000 to split among Wenatchee Valley Clinic and Mid-Valley Hospital, both in Omak, and North Valley Hospital in Tonasket, Office Manager Sarah Grooms said.
Each site matches the donation, doubling the Stampede fundraiser’s ability to provide free mammograms to uninsured patients.
“We know it’s helpful” to people in the community, Grooms said.
Meanwhile, the Aug. 23 Tough Enough to Wear Pink Golf Tournament drew 10 teams.
Proceeds stay in Okanogan County for free mammograms and follow-up cancer screens for women with no insurance, organizer Shauna Beeman said.
Not all proceeds from the tournament are in yet, she said.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge