Wednesday, October 9, 2013
BREWSTER The Brewster Bears volleyball team will show support for breast cancer awareness tomorrow, Oct. 10, in their game against Cashmere, Athletic Director Greg Austin said.
The girls will wear pink jerseys, and the officials and the Cashmere team may participate as well, he said.
Collections for donations will be at the gate and then again between the second and third game. Proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Bridgeport’s volleyball team will wear the signature color Oct. 17 during its “Dig Pink” game against Lake Roosevelt.
Junior varsity play starts at 5 p.m. and the varsity team takes the court at 6:30 p.m., according to senior Courtney Austin.
Dig Pink is Austin’s senior project. Before the games start, she will speak about breast cancer and whom it affects, she said.
To raise funds for breast cancer research, Austin will also sell pink lemonade and snacks. Donations will be accepted.
The Oroville High School volleyball team will hold a Project Dig Pink fundraiser in match against Manson on Thursday, Oct. 10.
Nadia Maldonado is organizing the event as a senior project, which is also under the auspices of the SIDEOUT Foundation.
Bracelets and baked goods will be for sale.
“Everyone is asked to wear something pink,” Athletic Director Tam Hutchinson said.
The Hornet team will be wearing white uniforms with pink numbers, Hutchinson said.
Manson players were invited to wear something pink, too.
The Okanogan High School volleyball team will show its support for breast cancer awareness during the match with Tonasket on Tuesday, Oct. 15.
“In support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Okanogan volleyball team has designated our match against Tonasket as Breast Cancer Awareness Night,” Okanogan coach Michelle Daling said.
Junior varsity and C-squad matches start at 5 p.m.
Varsity will follow in Dawson Gym.
“During the match, cancer survivors as well as people currently fighting cancer will be honored,” Daling said. “The Okanogan cheerleaders are also involved helping to make this night special. They will be singing the national anthem and doing a special performance with the mini-cheerleaders just before the varsity game begins.”
There will be a variety of activities to help raise money to be donated to the region’s Bouncing for Boobies Foundation, “which helps support local women who are battling this disease,” Daling said.
Players will be wearing pink uniforms.
Fans will be able to purchase pink supplies at the door, including buttons, ribbons and pompoms, the coach said.
“We are asking our volleyball fans to come dressed in pink, as we are hoping for a ‘pink out’ at our event,” she said. “We will be awarding the fan in the best pink outfit ‘the best seat in the house.”
The winner and a friend will get to sit on a couch and have the “best view of the match,” Daling said.
“One of the things that all of our players have come to realize is that cancer is something that affects every family,” Daling said. “Raising money to fight cancer is something that I hold near to my heart. Cancer research and helping local woman who are suffering is something that our whole program feels strongly about.”
More like this story
- ‘Dig Pink’ volleyball games set for Tuesday, Oct. 14 at GHS
- ‘Dig for the Cure’ happening Saturday at Sunnyside High gym
- ‘Think Pink’ volleyball tournament is Danly’s senior project
- Brewster volleyball team raises funds for cancer awareness
- Polk firefighters support breast cancer awareness by wearing pink
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON