Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK The city’s Festival Committee has a full slate of events lined up for Halloween, starting with the Harvest or Halloween Home and Business Decorating Contest.
The registration deadline is Oct. 21, with judging Oct. 30. Registration forms will be on the back of the city newsletter or the website, committee member and Councilwoman Nattalie Cariker said.
Registration is free. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
The business decorating theme is “Scarecrows.” Home themes are scary, harvest and traditional.
Oct. 26 brings the Zombie Fun Run in East Side Park. Registration runs from 8-8:45 a.m., with the 1.5-mile run starting at 9 a.m.
The free event is open to all age groups; costumes are encouraged. Canned food will be accepted for the Omak Food Bank.
Children's House Montessori School plans its fall festival from 1-3 p.m. the same day at Good Farms, 33 Appleway, Okanogan.
Capping the day is the Omak Halloween Harvest Festival from 4-8 p.m. at Civic League Park on Ash Street.
Children and adults bring carved or decorated pumpkins. Also planned are costume and pumpkin pie eating contests, vendors, s’mores, a children’s carnival, prizes and a free movie.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-300 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-293 June 29) Okanogan County Public Works
- 800 (2016-301 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-302 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing Code Amendment 2015-1 Revised Zone Code OCC 17A
- 800 (2016-303 June 29) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-304 June 29) Public Hearing Notice
- 800 (2016-306 June 29) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-285 June 22, 29) City of Oroville
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge