Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK The city’s Festival Committee has a full slate of events lined up for Halloween, starting with the Harvest or Halloween Home and Business Decorating Contest.
The registration deadline is Oct. 21, with judging Oct. 30. Registration forms will be on the back of the city newsletter or the website, committee member and Councilwoman Nattalie Cariker said.
Registration is free. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
The business decorating theme is “Scarecrows.” Home themes are scary, harvest and traditional.
Oct. 26 brings the Zombie Fun Run in East Side Park. Registration runs from 8-8:45 a.m., with the 1.5-mile run starting at 9 a.m.
The free event is open to all age groups; costumes are encouraged. Canned food will be accepted for the Omak Food Bank.
Children's House Montessori School plans its fall festival from 1-3 p.m. the same day at Good Farms, 33 Appleway, Okanogan.
Capping the day is the Omak Halloween Harvest Festival from 4-8 p.m. at Civic League Park on Ash Street.
Children and adults bring carved or decorated pumpkins. Also planned are costume and pumpkin pie eating contests, vendors, s’mores, a children’s carnival, prizes and a free movie.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge