Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK The city’s Festival Committee has a full slate of events lined up for Halloween, starting with the Harvest or Halloween Home and Business Decorating Contest.
The registration deadline is Oct. 21, with judging Oct. 30. Registration forms will be on the back of the city newsletter or the website, committee member and Councilwoman Nattalie Cariker said.
Registration is free. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
The business decorating theme is “Scarecrows.” Home themes are scary, harvest and traditional.
Oct. 26 brings the Zombie Fun Run in East Side Park. Registration runs from 8-8:45 a.m., with the 1.5-mile run starting at 9 a.m.
The free event is open to all age groups; costumes are encouraged. Canned food will be accepted for the Omak Food Bank.
Children's House Montessori School plans its fall festival from 1-3 p.m. the same day at Good Farms, 33 Appleway, Okanogan.
Capping the day is the Omak Halloween Harvest Festival from 4-8 p.m. at Civic League Park on Ash Street.
Children and adults bring carved or decorated pumpkins. Also planned are costume and pumpkin pie eating contests, vendors, s’mores, a children’s carnival, prizes and a free movie.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona