Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK The city’s Festival Committee has a full slate of events lined up for Halloween, starting with the Harvest or Halloween Home and Business Decorating Contest.
The registration deadline is Oct. 21, with judging Oct. 30. Registration forms will be on the back of the city newsletter or the website, committee member and Councilwoman Nattalie Cariker said.
Registration is free. Prizes will be awarded to winners.
The business decorating theme is “Scarecrows.” Home themes are scary, harvest and traditional.
Oct. 26 brings the Zombie Fun Run in East Side Park. Registration runs from 8-8:45 a.m., with the 1.5-mile run starting at 9 a.m.
The free event is open to all age groups; costumes are encouraged. Canned food will be accepted for the Omak Food Bank.
Children's House Montessori School plans its fall festival from 1-3 p.m. the same day at Good Farms, 33 Appleway, Okanogan.
Capping the day is the Omak Halloween Harvest Festival from 4-8 p.m. at Civic League Park on Ash Street.
Children and adults bring carved or decorated pumpkins. Also planned are costume and pumpkin pie eating contests, vendors, s’mores, a children’s carnival, prizes and a free movie.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge