Wednesday, October 9, 2013
BREWSTER – Brewster’s soccer team’s defense pitched a shutout, 2-0, over Chelan on Oct. 5.
Karina Guzman and Veronica Arrez each got goals for the Bears.
Brewster only allowed 2 shots on goal by Chelan.
“Our offense had many open opportunities, but couldn’t finish,” Brewster coach Alex Sanchez said.
Cashmere (7-1, 6-0) is at Brewster (4-5, 3-4) on Thursday, Oct. 10.
OMAK – Cascade toppled Omak, 11-0, in a Caribou Trail League match Oct. 5.
“They are a tough team that played the way I thought they would,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “We didn’t come ready to play and they picked us apart.”
Quincy (1-5-1-0) is at Omak (2-7, 1-4-0-1) on Saturday, Oct. 12.
OKANOGAN – Okanogan beat Quincy, 8-1, on Saturday, Oct. 5.
“We did a good job of controlling the ball and working it up the field to get many scoring opportunities,” Okanogan coach Dean Klepec said.
Quincy scored first, which woke up the Bulldogs.
Janice Romero, on assists from Aidan O’Connor, scored Okanogan’s first two goals.
Jill Townsend scored on an O’Connor assist for a 3-1 halftime lead.
“All three goals were headers off corner kicks,” Klepec said.
Emmy Engle extended the lead in the second half off an assist from Alexis Jones.
Megan Patrick struck for the next two goals. Jones and Breanna Cox assisted.
Engle assisted the last two goals by Cox and Patrick.
Okanogan finished with 21 shots on goals to 2 for Quincy.
Cascade (4-3 overall, 4-1 league) is at Okanogan (5-3, 5-2) on Thursday, Oct. 10.
CHELAN – Tonasket sent a barrage of shots at Chelan on Oct. 3, and wound up with a 7-0 victory.
“We played a decent game against Chelan,” Tonasket coach Darren Collins said. “Our defense was outstanding and we had lots of shots on goal. I thought we could have been more patient with our final pass, but other than that it was a great game.”
Kylie Dellinger (2 assists) and Kathryn Cleman each finished with 2 goals.
Kayla Willis (1 assist) and Selena Cosino each had a goal.
Jaden Vugteveen (2 assists) scored on a corner kick.
Ashlynn Willis had 1 assist.
Chelan (1-7 overall, 0-6 league) is at Tonasket (5-1, 4-1) on Thursday, Oct. 10. The Tigers go to Cascade (4-3, 4-1) on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Tonasket and Cascade entered this week tied for second place in the Caribou Trail League.
QUINCY – The away match Oct. 3 for Omak came down to a shootout, which the Jackrabbits won, 3-1.
The game was knotted, 1-1, after regulation and two overtime periods.
Haley Little, on an assist from Trisha Priest, scored Omak’s goal.
Omak goalkeeper Shawnee Covington blocked a penalty kick in regulation to preserve the tie.
“We came out very flat in the first half, but a short warm up and a long bus trip can do that for you,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “We had many opportunities to break through and get some goals (in regulation), but we couldn’t finish.”
OROVILLE – Bridgeport blanked Oroville, 5-0, in a Central Washington League match Oct. 3.
Bridgeport (4-1 overall, 0-0 league) is at Liberty Bell (4-3, 1-0) on Thursday, Oct. 10.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge