Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK Auditions for the May production of “The Wizard of Oz” will be Saturday, Nov. 16, at the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St.
Performances of the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus show will be May 2-4 and May 9-11.
Those auditioning will be asked to list the part or parts in which they’re most interested, and also to specify which dates they are unavailable for rehearsals during the last two weeks of February, plus March and April.
Doors will open at 9 a.m. Nov. 16 for auditions. Hopefuls are asked to prepare a 30- to 60-second song and CD accompaniment.
An accompanist who can sight read sheet music also will be provided.
Scripts are available at local libraries.
Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., with a mandatory meeting in the theater at 9:50 a.m. Vocal tryouts will be at 10 a.m., with mandatory choreography and dance instruction from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Dance practice will be at noon, with a performance at 12:15 p.m.
A lunch break is planned from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Organizers recommend bringing a sack lunch.
Script reading for roles will be at 1:30 p.m., with closing remarks at 3:30 p.m.
Those seeking lead singing roles are asked to prepare a 30- to 60-second piece of that character’s signature song: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” Dorothy; “Come Out, Come Out,” Glinda; “If I Only Had the Nerve,” Cowardly Lion; “If I Only Had a Heart,” Tin Woodsman; “If I Only Had a Brain,” Scarecrow.
Sheet music is available from Director Janelle Cutuli, Producer Kim Harriman and Scenery Designer Judy Johnston.
Others on the production staff are Susan Graves, costume design; Lisa Cutuli, choreographer; Cari Zachow, stage manager, and Nicole Leese, technical director.
The cast includes 10-15 women, 10-15 men and 15-20 children.
All roles include dancing and expressive movement.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge