Wednesday, October 9, 2013
OMAK Auditions for the May production of “The Wizard of Oz” will be Saturday, Nov. 16, at the Omak Performing Arts Center, 14 S. Cedar St.
Performances of the Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus show will be May 2-4 and May 9-11.
Those auditioning will be asked to list the part or parts in which they’re most interested, and also to specify which dates they are unavailable for rehearsals during the last two weeks of February, plus March and April.
Doors will open at 9 a.m. Nov. 16 for auditions. Hopefuls are asked to prepare a 30- to 60-second song and CD accompaniment.
An accompanist who can sight read sheet music also will be provided.
Scripts are available at local libraries.
Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., with a mandatory meeting in the theater at 9:50 a.m. Vocal tryouts will be at 10 a.m., with mandatory choreography and dance instruction from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Dance practice will be at noon, with a performance at 12:15 p.m.
A lunch break is planned from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Organizers recommend bringing a sack lunch.
Script reading for roles will be at 1:30 p.m., with closing remarks at 3:30 p.m.
Those seeking lead singing roles are asked to prepare a 30- to 60-second piece of that character’s signature song: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” Dorothy; “Come Out, Come Out,” Glinda; “If I Only Had the Nerve,” Cowardly Lion; “If I Only Had a Heart,” Tin Woodsman; “If I Only Had a Brain,” Scarecrow.
Sheet music is available from Director Janelle Cutuli, Producer Kim Harriman and Scenery Designer Judy Johnston.
Others on the production staff are Susan Graves, costume design; Lisa Cutuli, choreographer; Cari Zachow, stage manager, and Nicole Leese, technical director.
The cast includes 10-15 women, 10-15 men and 15-20 children.
All roles include dancing and expressive movement.
More like this story
- 50 years ago: Riverside may get new bridge
- 820 (2017-071 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP
- Board votes not to renew Landdeck's coaching contract
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- 820 (2017-057 March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-067 March 22, 29, April 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-068 March 29, April 19) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO RCW CHAPTER 61.24
- 820 (2017-069 March 29) INVITATION TO BID
- 820 (2017-070 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP