Friday, October 4, 2013
WENATCHEE Wenatchee Valley College has been awarded a federal grant of more than $2 million to improve and strengthen academic quality, institutional management and fiscal stability.
The college operates campuses in Omak and Wenatchee.
The U.S. Department of Education Title III grant is for $2.17 million over a five-year period. It was originally set to launch Oct. 1, but will begin once federal government operations resume, the college said.
Title III grants help institutions of higher education to become self-sufficient and expand their capacity to serve low-income students.
WVC will use the money to increase student transition, retention and completion through comprehensive efforts to improve the use of data in decision-making and redesign programs and services to increase student access. The work will be done in alignment with the college’s Core Themes, Strategic Plan and accreditation standards.
WVC students face barriers of geography, cost, time and preparedness for college-level work.
Among the planned projects are development of a Chicano studies curriculum, expanded online programs and retrofitted classrooms to incorporate new technologies and flexible classroom design..
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge