Friday, October 4, 2013
WENATCHEE Wenatchee Valley College has been awarded a federal grant of more than $2 million to improve and strengthen academic quality, institutional management and fiscal stability.
The college operates campuses in Omak and Wenatchee.
The U.S. Department of Education Title III grant is for $2.17 million over a five-year period. It was originally set to launch Oct. 1, but will begin once federal government operations resume, the college said.
Title III grants help institutions of higher education to become self-sufficient and expand their capacity to serve low-income students.
WVC will use the money to increase student transition, retention and completion through comprehensive efforts to improve the use of data in decision-making and redesign programs and services to increase student access. The work will be done in alignment with the college’s Core Themes, Strategic Plan and accreditation standards.
WVC students face barriers of geography, cost, time and preparedness for college-level work.
Among the planned projects are development of a Chicano studies curriculum, expanded online programs and retrofitted classrooms to incorporate new technologies and flexible classroom design..
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2017-010 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge