Wednesday, October 2, 2013
OMAK An Okanogan driver was shaken but not injured Sept. 27 when her vehicle crashed into The Chronicle office building at 618 Okoma Drive.
Marylee Canter, 84, apparently hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. Her vehicle jumped the sidewalk along the building’s south side and hit a wall.
The impact damaged the exterior siding and buckled the drywall inside. Chronicle advertising manager Lynn Hoover was standing in the office, but was not injured as the impact sent a file drawer flying open.
The Chronicle remained open. No damage estimate for the building is available yet.
The Omak police and fire departments, and LifeLine Ambulance responded.
No citation was issued; the Omak Police Department considered the crash non-reportable.
More like this story
- Confluence hosts three art shows
- Tribe, feds reach agreement on border-crossing card
- Ferry County Fair results announced
- Ferry County Fair bulls and barrels results announced
- Locals celebrate Lions Club's anniversary
- Unconscious woman found in ditch
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Pontiac Ridge Road
- Republic School bond information meeting planned tonight
- Stew and Brew returns Sept. 30
- O'Keary headlines Cultural Center