Wednesday, October 2, 2013
OMAK An Okanogan driver was shaken but not injured Sept. 27 when her vehicle crashed into The Chronicle office building at 618 Okoma Drive.
Marylee Canter, 84, apparently hit the gas pedal instead of the brake. Her vehicle jumped the sidewalk along the building’s south side and hit a wall.
The impact damaged the exterior siding and buckled the drywall inside. Chronicle advertising manager Lynn Hoover was standing in the office, but was not injured as the impact sent a file drawer flying open.
The Chronicle remained open. No damage estimate for the building is available yet.
The Omak police and fire departments, and LifeLine Ambulance responded.
No citation was issued; the Omak Police Department considered the crash non-reportable.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments