Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM The Northwest Native Development fund has been awarded the 2013 U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Business and Opportunity Grant for a “buy local” campaign and the establishment of a “virtual mall.”
“We are very excited to receive this grant,” said Ted Piccolo, executive director of the Northwest Native Development Fund. “We look forward to helping native-owned businesses and local businesses with the marketing efforts this grant will provide.”
This grant funding will help with the creation and purchase of local billboards, T-shirts and other promotional items to be used at local events in an effort to promote the idea of shopping locally.
The virtual mall will act as an online billboard for local artists and crafts people.
“Too often maintaining an online presence can be too expensive and cumbersome for small artists and crafts people,” Piccolo said. “We have some extremely talented and creative people in our region who have busy lives and could be really helped with a little promotion of their arts and crafts. This particular effort is very exciting.”
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON