Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM The Northwest Native Development fund has been awarded the 2013 U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Business and Opportunity Grant for a “buy local” campaign and the establishment of a “virtual mall.”
“We are very excited to receive this grant,” said Ted Piccolo, executive director of the Northwest Native Development Fund. “We look forward to helping native-owned businesses and local businesses with the marketing efforts this grant will provide.”
This grant funding will help with the creation and purchase of local billboards, T-shirts and other promotional items to be used at local events in an effort to promote the idea of shopping locally.
The virtual mall will act as an online billboard for local artists and crafts people.
“Too often maintaining an online presence can be too expensive and cumbersome for small artists and crafts people,” Piccolo said. “We have some extremely talented and creative people in our region who have busy lives and could be really helped with a little promotion of their arts and crafts. This particular effort is very exciting.”
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.