Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Colville Business Council Chairman Michael O. Finley is running for the first vice president post with the National Conference of American Indians.
Voting will be during the group’s 70th annual convention Oct. 13-18 in Tulsa, Okla.
“This creates a wonderful opportunity to represent the Colville tribes on a national level,” he said.
He ran for the same post in 2011, but lost to the incumbent 51 percent to 49 percent.
The council is supporting Finley’s candidacy.
The conference was formed in 1944 and is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities, the group’s website said.
Finley has a campaign page on Facebook.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona