Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Colville Business Council Chairman Michael O. Finley is running for the first vice president post with the National Conference of American Indians.
Voting will be during the group’s 70th annual convention Oct. 13-18 in Tulsa, Okla.
“This creates a wonderful opportunity to represent the Colville tribes on a national level,” he said.
He ran for the same post in 2011, but lost to the incumbent 51 percent to 49 percent.
The council is supporting Finley’s candidacy.
The conference was formed in 1944 and is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities, the group’s website said.
Finley has a campaign page on Facebook.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge