Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Colville Business Council Chairman Michael O. Finley is running for the first vice president post with the National Conference of American Indians.
Voting will be during the group’s 70th annual convention Oct. 13-18 in Tulsa, Okla.
“This creates a wonderful opportunity to represent the Colville tribes on a national level,” he said.
He ran for the same post in 2011, but lost to the incumbent 51 percent to 49 percent.
The council is supporting Finley’s candidacy.
The conference was formed in 1944 and is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities, the group’s website said.
Finley has a campaign page on Facebook.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge