Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Colville Business Council Chairman Michael O. Finley is running for the first vice president post with the National Conference of American Indians.
Voting will be during the group’s 70th annual convention Oct. 13-18 in Tulsa, Okla.
“This creates a wonderful opportunity to represent the Colville tribes on a national level,” he said.
He ran for the same post in 2011, but lost to the incumbent 51 percent to 49 percent.
The council is supporting Finley’s candidacy.
The conference was formed in 1944 and is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities, the group’s website said.
Finley has a campaign page on Facebook.
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18