Wednesday, October 2, 2013
GRAND COULEE The Bureau of Reclamation awarded a $2.5 million contract to conduct asbestos abatement work at the Grand Coulee Power Office and as the Hungry Horse Power Office in Montana.
The contract was awarded to Modecor Corp. of Dallas, Texas, on Sept. 16.
The work involves removing asbestos-containing material and asbestos contamination from power plants, switchyards, pumping/generating plant and other structures at Grand Coulee Dam and Hungry Horse Dam. The contract was awarded for up to a five-year period.
More like this story
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June
- Crab feed is planned Saturday in Grand Coulee
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Thursday additions
- 50 years ago: Fire damages Tonasket School
- Assembly recognizes Tonasket High School athletes
- Three injured in two-vehicle crash near Colville
- Industrial hemp pilot project planned
- Pavement crack sealing under way on Highway 97
- Tonasket man accused of raping Kitsap County woman