Wednesday, October 2, 2013
GRAND COULEE The Bureau of Reclamation awarded a $2.5 million contract to conduct asbestos abatement work at the Grand Coulee Power Office and as the Hungry Horse Power Office in Montana.
The contract was awarded to Modecor Corp. of Dallas, Texas, on Sept. 16.
The work involves removing asbestos-containing material and asbestos contamination from power plants, switchyards, pumping/generating plant and other structures at Grand Coulee Dam and Hungry Horse Dam. The contract was awarded for up to a five-year period.
More like this story
- Tennis: Okanogan claims two district championships
- Baseball: Okanogan survives first round of regionals
- Soccer: Connell knocks Brewster out of state playoffs, 1-0
- Oversized load will slow Grand Coulee traffic
- Norwill takes medalist honors in playoff
- 1B/2B/1A District 6 tennis finishes first day of tournament
- Construction set for Coho salmon acclimation pond
- First NRA rifle match slated for Saturday at Okanogan
- Baseball: Liberty Bell, Brewster open 2B state at Ferris High School
- Baseball: Okanogan adances to first round of state 1A