Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Sealed bids are sought from contractors for construction of a biohazard waste storage facility.
The facility will be at the Tribal Health Clinic, 500 S. Benton St., Omak. The site is near the Omak Community Center.
The work includes site preparation, installation of a concrete pad and 8- by 10-foot metal building, and a chain-link fence, an information sheet from the Colville Confederated Tribes said.
Bids will be accepted until 4 p.m. Oct. 11 at the tribal Purchasing Building, 10 Lake St., Nespelem.
They will be opened and evaluated at 10 a.m. Oct. 14. The contract will go to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder.
Indian preference will be given, the tribe said.
More like this story
- Pateros forfeits Friday's football game
- Pool tournament to honor Lucas White
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge