Wednesday, October 2, 2013
NESPELEM Sealed bids are sought from contractors for construction of a biohazard waste storage facility.
The facility will be at the Tribal Health Clinic, 500 S. Benton St., Omak. The site is near the Omak Community Center.
The work includes site preparation, installation of a concrete pad and 8- by 10-foot metal building, and a chain-link fence, an information sheet from the Colville Confederated Tribes said.
Bids will be accepted until 4 p.m. Oct. 11 at the tribal Purchasing Building, 10 Lake St., Nespelem.
They will be opened and evaluated at 10 a.m. Oct. 14. The contract will go to the lowest responsive, responsible bidder.
Indian preference will be given, the tribe said.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge