Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournament
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runner
- Sweet pickleball results for Omak tournament
- Brewster football charges back late to edge Tonasket
- Hunters do well in hunting season openers
- Ashworth pitches in Arizona Fall Classic
- Felines frolic on new cat trees
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Dawgs football rises up to No. 5 in poll