Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge