Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments