Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- DNR to permit campfires west of Cascades
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge