Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week