Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18
- Okanogan County Fair registration under way
- Artist to Artist event set for Twisp