Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge