Wednesday, October 2, 2013
TONASKET Ghanaian-American pianist William Chapman Nyaho will perform a recital, “Music by Composers of African Descent,” at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11, at the music studio of Roz Nau, 42 E. Winesap St.
The event is open to the public.
He will perform African music.
District V of the Washington State Music Teachers Association is hosting the recital and a Saturday morning workshop is planned on piano music of Africa and the African Diaspora, the theme of his critically acclaimed five-volume graded anthology published by Oxford University Press.
In the afternoon, he will teach several local students in a master class.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan