Wednesday, October 2, 2013
REPUBLIC Ferry County 4-H plans to celebrate National 4-H Week, Oct. 6-12, with participating in the organization’s National You Science Day on Oct. 9.
Hundreds of thousands of youth all across the nation are expected to complete a single, innovative experiment that day.
The experiment, 4-H Maps and Apps, will turn young people into geospatial thinkers as they design and map their ideal park, use GIS mapping to solve community problems and contribute data about their community to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Washington State University Colville Reservation-Ferry County Extension will participate with Keller Elementary School students throughout the school day Oct. 9 and with the Inchelium After School Program on Oct. 10.
In addition, they plan a free 4-H Super Science Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Keller School for all youth ages 5-19. Activities will include hands-on science experiments including energy production, forestry/tree education, building bridges, electrophoresis, and Maps and Apps. No pre-registration is required.
Projects include horse and livestock care and management, nutrition, health, sewing, gardening, computer skills, performing arts, shooting sports and public speaking. Members learn about social skills, teamwork, running a meeting, community involvement and other subjects.
More like this story
- Burn bans issued for Okanogan, Kittitas counties
- Play-in basketball games slated for tonight
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision