Wednesday, October 2, 2013
REPUBLIC Ferry County 4-H plans to celebrate National 4-H Week, Oct. 6-12, with participating in the organization’s National You Science Day on Oct. 9.
Hundreds of thousands of youth all across the nation are expected to complete a single, innovative experiment that day.
The experiment, 4-H Maps and Apps, will turn young people into geospatial thinkers as they design and map their ideal park, use GIS mapping to solve community problems and contribute data about their community to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Washington State University Colville Reservation-Ferry County Extension will participate with Keller Elementary School students throughout the school day Oct. 9 and with the Inchelium After School Program on Oct. 10.
In addition, they plan a free 4-H Super Science Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Keller School for all youth ages 5-19. Activities will include hands-on science experiments including energy production, forestry/tree education, building bridges, electrophoresis, and Maps and Apps. No pre-registration is required.
Projects include horse and livestock care and management, nutrition, health, sewing, gardening, computer skills, performing arts, shooting sports and public speaking. Members learn about social skills, teamwork, running a meeting, community involvement and other subjects.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge