Wednesday, October 2, 2013
REPUBLIC Ferry County 4-H plans to celebrate National 4-H Week, Oct. 6-12, with participating in the organization’s National You Science Day on Oct. 9.
Hundreds of thousands of youth all across the nation are expected to complete a single, innovative experiment that day.
The experiment, 4-H Maps and Apps, will turn young people into geospatial thinkers as they design and map their ideal park, use GIS mapping to solve community problems and contribute data about their community to the U.S. Geological Survey.
Washington State University Colville Reservation-Ferry County Extension will participate with Keller Elementary School students throughout the school day Oct. 9 and with the Inchelium After School Program on Oct. 10.
In addition, they plan a free 4-H Super Science Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Keller School for all youth ages 5-19. Activities will include hands-on science experiments including energy production, forestry/tree education, building bridges, electrophoresis, and Maps and Apps. No pre-registration is required.
Projects include horse and livestock care and management, nutrition, health, sewing, gardening, computer skills, performing arts, shooting sports and public speaking. Members learn about social skills, teamwork, running a meeting, community involvement and other subjects.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge