Tuesday, October 1, 2013
NESPELEM A 34-year-old man died Sept. 24 at the Colville Tribal Corrections Center.
Colville Tribal Police responded to the center at 10 p.m. and found Aaron J. Swan dead in a cleaning closet, police Chief Cory J. Orr said Oct. 1. Swan apparently hanged himself with a bed sheet.
He had been in the facility for two days on suspicion of rape and indecent liberties.
Orr said the FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs' district office were notified.
"The investigation is active and no other details are being released at this time," he said.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge