Tuesday, October 1, 2013
NESPELEM A 34-year-old man died Sept. 24 at the Colville Tribal Corrections Center.
Colville Tribal Police responded to the center at 10 p.m. and found Aaron J. Swan dead in a cleaning closet, police Chief Cory J. Orr said Oct. 1. Swan apparently hanged himself with a bed sheet.
He had been in the facility for two days on suspicion of rape and indecent liberties.
Orr said the FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs' district office were notified.
"The investigation is active and no other details are being released at this time," he said.
More like this story
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge