Tuesday, October 1, 2013
NESPELEM A 34-year-old man died Sept. 24 at the Colville Tribal Corrections Center.
Colville Tribal Police responded to the center at 10 p.m. and found Aaron J. Swan dead in a cleaning closet, police Chief Cory J. Orr said Oct. 1. Swan apparently hanged himself with a bed sheet.
He had been in the facility for two days on suspicion of rape and indecent liberties.
Orr said the FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs' district office were notified.
"The investigation is active and no other details are being released at this time," he said.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge