Tuesday, October 1, 2013
NESPELEM A 34-year-old man died Sept. 24 at the Colville Tribal Corrections Center.
Colville Tribal Police responded to the center at 10 p.m. and found Aaron J. Swan dead in a cleaning closet, police Chief Cory J. Orr said Oct. 1. Swan apparently hanged himself with a bed sheet.
He had been in the facility for two days on suspicion of rape and indecent liberties.
Orr said the FBI and Bureau of Indian Affairs' district office were notified.
"The investigation is active and no other details are being released at this time," he said.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge