Friday, November 29, 2013
EAST WENATCHEE A local man was late Wednesday evening after attempting to elude police and breaking into a home.
Joshua J. Clark, 29, of East Wenatchee, was arrested and booked into the Chelan County Jail for felony eluding and obstructing a law enforcement officer.
The arrest followed a chase that started about 9 p.m. Wednesday on Rock Island Road, near South Mary Avenue.
Deputies observed an eastbound vehicle driven without working taillights. But when they attempted a traffic stop, the car sped away at a "high rate of speed," Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said Friday.
A few minutes late, deputies found the vehicle with hits headlights off on South Majestic Avenue.
The suspect fled again at speeds up to 70 mph, running stop signs and stop lights, the sheriff said, noting the pursuit continued through the city.
Deputies called off the high speed pursuit near 19th Street and Sunset Highway due to increased traffic and concern for other motorists' safety, Gjesdal said.
Shortly thereafter, a third deputy spotted the vehicle on Cedar Lane, the sheriff said. The deputy saw aa man wearing black clothing leave the car and flee on foot.
As deputies checked the car for any others, a nearby resident notified police a man had broken out the window of a duplex in the 300 block of 11th Street N.E.
Authorities, surrounded the house and ordered the suspect, later identified as Clark, out of the house with his hands up, Gjesdal said. Clark suffered minor cuts to his hands from breaking the window and was taken to the jail.
In addition to eluding and obstructing charges, Clark may face a charge of driving without a valid license, Gjesdal said.
Clark is not yet facing charges for breaking into the duplex as the resident, who apparently knew Clark, declined to cooperate with authorities, Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE