Friday, November 29, 2013
EAST WENATCHEE A local man was late Wednesday evening after attempting to elude police and breaking into a home.
Joshua J. Clark, 29, of East Wenatchee, was arrested and booked into the Chelan County Jail for felony eluding and obstructing a law enforcement officer.
The arrest followed a chase that started about 9 p.m. Wednesday on Rock Island Road, near South Mary Avenue.
Deputies observed an eastbound vehicle driven without working taillights. But when they attempted a traffic stop, the car sped away at a "high rate of speed," Douglas County Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said Friday.
A few minutes late, deputies found the vehicle with hits headlights off on South Majestic Avenue.
The suspect fled again at speeds up to 70 mph, running stop signs and stop lights, the sheriff said, noting the pursuit continued through the city.
Deputies called off the high speed pursuit near 19th Street and Sunset Highway due to increased traffic and concern for other motorists' safety, Gjesdal said.
Shortly thereafter, a third deputy spotted the vehicle on Cedar Lane, the sheriff said. The deputy saw aa man wearing black clothing leave the car and flee on foot.
As deputies checked the car for any others, a nearby resident notified police a man had broken out the window of a duplex in the 300 block of 11th Street N.E.
Authorities, surrounded the house and ordered the suspect, later identified as Clark, out of the house with his hands up, Gjesdal said. Clark suffered minor cuts to his hands from breaking the window and was taken to the jail.
In addition to eluding and obstructing charges, Clark may face a charge of driving without a valid license, Gjesdal said.
Clark is not yet facing charges for breaking into the duplex as the resident, who apparently knew Clark, declined to cooperate with authorities, Gjesdal said.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE