Wednesday, November 27, 2013
NESPELEM Pacific Seafood is donating $10,000 in turkeys to the Colville Tribe's Food Distribution Program through the end of the year.
Pacific Seafood raises steelhead in a net pen operation on the Columbia River.
“This turkey donation gives our team at Pacific Seafood a great sense of pride and joy knowing we are able to help families in need throughout the reservation during the holiday season,” farm manager Bill Clark said.
Pacific Seafood employs several members of the local community, including many tribal workers.
Company CEO Frank Dulcich wants to provide a turkey to every tribal family living in the community this holiday season, Clark said.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting