Wednesday, November 27, 2013
NESPELEM Pacific Seafood is donating $10,000 in turkeys to the Colville Tribe's Food Distribution Program through the end of the year.
Pacific Seafood raises steelhead in a net pen operation on the Columbia River.
“This turkey donation gives our team at Pacific Seafood a great sense of pride and joy knowing we are able to help families in need throughout the reservation during the holiday season,” farm manager Bill Clark said.
Pacific Seafood employs several members of the local community, including many tribal workers.
Company CEO Frank Dulcich wants to provide a turkey to every tribal family living in the community this holiday season, Clark said.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge