Wednesday, November 27, 2013
REPUBLIC A local woman died Friday after being involved in a one-vehicle crash on Hall Creek Road southeast of town.
Republic resident Marcia Marie Haworth Wilson, 36, died when she was thrown from the vehicle.
The Ferry County Sheriff’s Office said the crash was reported at 1:38 p.m. Friday. The vehicle had gone over an embankment on Hall Creek Road and landed at the bottom of a ravine.
Wilson’s mother, Loretta Houston, of Omak, said Wilson was alone in the vehicle, which went off the primitive road south of Sherman Pass and down a 400-foot embankment. Wilson was ejected.
A passing motorist saw skid marks and investigated.
Houston said her daughter had moved to Republic about two months ago to be with her boyfriend, Randy Ordway. She previously lived in East Wenatchee and had worked for Micron Audiology.
She was looking for work in the Republic area.
Wilson attended schools in Omak and Tonasket, and earned her general educational development certificate.
She liked animals and enjoyed being with her children, Casey and Colten Haworth of East Wenatchee.
She also liked horseback riding and often visited the ranch of her grandparents, Ivan and Effie Lea Wilson of Tonasket.
Her death “has been a shock,” Houston said. “You never wish your kids to die before you do.”
A second shock came to the family the next night, when Wilson’s father, Jeffrey Ivan Wilson, died at his Tonasket home. He was 60.
“I think it was heartache,” Houston said. “We’ll never really know with either of them” exactly what happened.
Dozens of friends and relatives offered condolences on Houston’s Facebook page.
“I am saddened and in shock to hear the news,” Leah Schreyer wrote. “My prayers to all of you through this difficult time.”
Besides her mother, children and boyfriend, Marcia Wilson is survived by three brothers and two sisters, and her paternal grandparents, Ivan and Effie Lea Wilson of Tonasket. Her maternal grandparents were the late Ella and B. Wayne Houston of Omak.
A combined funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Precht-Harrison-Nearents Chapel, 2547 Elmway, Okanogan. Lunch will follow at the Omak Community Presbyterian Church, 9 S. Birch St.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON