Wednesday, November 27, 2013
CASHMERE Cashmere High School soccer midfielder Tianna Helm was voted Player of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
“The ladies are very classy,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “They play clean, they pick others up and do what they can to represent Omak High School and the culture of our athletic office. It has been a pleasure coaching these ladies.”
Cascade’s Glen Stefanko was named Coach of the Year.
Tonasket’s Elizabeth Jackson (defense) and Kylie Dellinger (midfielder) were named to the first team, as was Okanogan’s Aidan O’Connor (defense).
The second team included Cameron Moses (goalkeeper), Brooklyn Bauer (defense) and Emmy Engle (midfielder) of Okanogan, Karina Rincon (defense) and Karina Guzman (midfielder) of Brewster, Maggie Cervantes (defense) of Omak and Kathryn Cleman (forward) of Tonasket.
Honorable mention went to Karina Guzman (goalkeeper), Gaby Torres (midfielder) and Veronica Arrez (forward) of Brewster, Shawnee Covington (goalkeeper) and Trisha Priest (midfielder) of Omak, Baylie Tyus (goalkeeper) and Selena Cosino (midfielder) of Tonasket.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors