Wednesday, November 27, 2013
CASHMERE Cashmere High School soccer midfielder Tianna Helm was voted Player of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
“The ladies are very classy,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “They play clean, they pick others up and do what they can to represent Omak High School and the culture of our athletic office. It has been a pleasure coaching these ladies.”
Cascade’s Glen Stefanko was named Coach of the Year.
Tonasket’s Elizabeth Jackson (defense) and Kylie Dellinger (midfielder) were named to the first team, as was Okanogan’s Aidan O’Connor (defense).
The second team included Cameron Moses (goalkeeper), Brooklyn Bauer (defense) and Emmy Engle (midfielder) of Okanogan, Karina Rincon (defense) and Karina Guzman (midfielder) of Brewster, Maggie Cervantes (defense) of Omak and Kathryn Cleman (forward) of Tonasket.
Honorable mention went to Karina Guzman (goalkeeper), Gaby Torres (midfielder) and Veronica Arrez (forward) of Brewster, Shawnee Covington (goalkeeper) and Trisha Priest (midfielder) of Omak, Baylie Tyus (goalkeeper) and Selena Cosino (midfielder) of Tonasket.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25