Wednesday, November 27, 2013
CASHMERE Cashmere High School soccer midfielder Tianna Helm was voted Player of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
“The ladies are very classy,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “They play clean, they pick others up and do what they can to represent Omak High School and the culture of our athletic office. It has been a pleasure coaching these ladies.”
Cascade’s Glen Stefanko was named Coach of the Year.
Tonasket’s Elizabeth Jackson (defense) and Kylie Dellinger (midfielder) were named to the first team, as was Okanogan’s Aidan O’Connor (defense).
The second team included Cameron Moses (goalkeeper), Brooklyn Bauer (defense) and Emmy Engle (midfielder) of Okanogan, Karina Rincon (defense) and Karina Guzman (midfielder) of Brewster, Maggie Cervantes (defense) of Omak and Kathryn Cleman (forward) of Tonasket.
Honorable mention went to Karina Guzman (goalkeeper), Gaby Torres (midfielder) and Veronica Arrez (forward) of Brewster, Shawnee Covington (goalkeeper) and Trisha Priest (midfielder) of Omak, Baylie Tyus (goalkeeper) and Selena Cosino (midfielder) of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo