Wednesday, November 27, 2013
CASHMERE Cashmere High School soccer midfielder Tianna Helm was voted Player of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
“The ladies are very classy,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “They play clean, they pick others up and do what they can to represent Omak High School and the culture of our athletic office. It has been a pleasure coaching these ladies.”
Cascade’s Glen Stefanko was named Coach of the Year.
Tonasket’s Elizabeth Jackson (defense) and Kylie Dellinger (midfielder) were named to the first team, as was Okanogan’s Aidan O’Connor (defense).
The second team included Cameron Moses (goalkeeper), Brooklyn Bauer (defense) and Emmy Engle (midfielder) of Okanogan, Karina Rincon (defense) and Karina Guzman (midfielder) of Brewster, Maggie Cervantes (defense) of Omak and Kathryn Cleman (forward) of Tonasket.
Honorable mention went to Karina Guzman (goalkeeper), Gaby Torres (midfielder) and Veronica Arrez (forward) of Brewster, Shawnee Covington (goalkeeper) and Trisha Priest (midfielder) of Omak, Baylie Tyus (goalkeeper) and Selena Cosino (midfielder) of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge