Wednesday, November 27, 2013
CASHMERE Cashmere High School soccer midfielder Tianna Helm was voted Player of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
“The ladies are very classy,” Omak coach Chris Werner said. “They play clean, they pick others up and do what they can to represent Omak High School and the culture of our athletic office. It has been a pleasure coaching these ladies.”
Cascade’s Glen Stefanko was named Coach of the Year.
Tonasket’s Elizabeth Jackson (defense) and Kylie Dellinger (midfielder) were named to the first team, as was Okanogan’s Aidan O’Connor (defense).
The second team included Cameron Moses (goalkeeper), Brooklyn Bauer (defense) and Emmy Engle (midfielder) of Okanogan, Karina Rincon (defense) and Karina Guzman (midfielder) of Brewster, Maggie Cervantes (defense) of Omak and Kathryn Cleman (forward) of Tonasket.
Honorable mention went to Karina Guzman (goalkeeper), Gaby Torres (midfielder) and Veronica Arrez (forward) of Brewster, Shawnee Covington (goalkeeper) and Trisha Priest (midfielder) of Omak, Baylie Tyus (goalkeeper) and Selena Cosino (midfielder) of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options