Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OMAK Omak High School landed three cross country runners on first teams in the Caribou Trail League.
Morgan O’Dell and Samuel Goble were named to the boys first team.
Sarah O’Dell was named to the girls first team, along with Tonasket’s Amber Monroe.
“It was a pleasure to coach all three of these runners,” Omak coach Melody Pecha said. “They showed determination and dedication throughout the season. I am going to miss Sam and Morgan, the two seniors, and am looking forward to two more good years with Sarah.”
Jag Baines of Omak was a boys honorable mention.
Quincy’s Spencer Elmore was Athlete of the Year.
Cashmere’s John Durheim was named Coach of the Year.
Cascade received the team sportsmanship honor.
For the girls, Erin Mullins of Cascade was named Athlete of the Year.
Alexandra O’Dell and Abigail Early, both of Omak were named to the second team.
Honorable mention went to Johnna Terris of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge