Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OMAK Omak High School landed three cross country runners on first teams in the Caribou Trail League.
Morgan O’Dell and Samuel Goble were named to the boys first team.
Sarah O’Dell was named to the girls first team, along with Tonasket’s Amber Monroe.
“It was a pleasure to coach all three of these runners,” Omak coach Melody Pecha said. “They showed determination and dedication throughout the season. I am going to miss Sam and Morgan, the two seniors, and am looking forward to two more good years with Sarah.”
Jag Baines of Omak was a boys honorable mention.
Quincy’s Spencer Elmore was Athlete of the Year.
Cashmere’s John Durheim was named Coach of the Year.
Cascade received the team sportsmanship honor.
For the girls, Erin Mullins of Cascade was named Athlete of the Year.
Alexandra O’Dell and Abigail Early, both of Omak were named to the second team.
Honorable mention went to Johnna Terris of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18