Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OMAK Omak High School landed three cross country runners on first teams in the Caribou Trail League.
Morgan O’Dell and Samuel Goble were named to the boys first team.
Sarah O’Dell was named to the girls first team, along with Tonasket’s Amber Monroe.
“It was a pleasure to coach all three of these runners,” Omak coach Melody Pecha said. “They showed determination and dedication throughout the season. I am going to miss Sam and Morgan, the two seniors, and am looking forward to two more good years with Sarah.”
Jag Baines of Omak was a boys honorable mention.
Quincy’s Spencer Elmore was Athlete of the Year.
Cashmere’s John Durheim was named Coach of the Year.
Cascade received the team sportsmanship honor.
For the girls, Erin Mullins of Cascade was named Athlete of the Year.
Alexandra O’Dell and Abigail Early, both of Omak were named to the second team.
Honorable mention went to Johnna Terris of Tonasket.
More like this story
- Robbery suspect scheduled to enter plea
- Hearing planned on Pateros budget matters
- Omak plans fall cleanup day
- Wicks named to artist in residence spot
- Cameron Lake Road rebuilding project planned
- Ferry County hospital leaders plan budget hearing
- Diabetes support group meets in Tonasket
- North Valley Hospital Foundation plans meeting
- CORRECTION: Orchestra-chorus concert is Saturday, Oct. 21
- Driver injured in Mazama crash