Wednesday, November 27, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and her husband, Brian Rodgers, have added a girl to their family.
The 5th District congresswoman gave birth to a daughter, Brynn Catherine Rodgers, on Nov. 24. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
She joins a brother, Cole, 6, and sister Grace, 2.
The baby’s birth was announced Nov. 25 via McMorris Rodgers’ Instagram account and later by her campaign and congressional offices.
“Nothing compares to the miracle of bringing a new life into the world,” McMorris Rodgers wrote on Instagram. “She’s beautiful and seems to be taking it all in stride. Our hearts are full.”
The five-term representative is the fourth-ranking Republican in the U.S. House. She is chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
Mom and baby are doing “very well,” spokesman Nate Hodson said. “She looks forward to continuing her duties as House Republican Conference chair and running again for re-election next year to Washington’s 5th District.”
McMorris Rodgers is the first to give birth three times while serving in Congress, and the first to do so while serving in leadership.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge