Wednesday, November 27, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and her husband, Brian Rodgers, have added a girl to their family.
The 5th District congresswoman gave birth to a daughter, Brynn Catherine Rodgers, on Nov. 24. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
She joins a brother, Cole, 6, and sister Grace, 2.
The baby’s birth was announced Nov. 25 via McMorris Rodgers’ Instagram account and later by her campaign and congressional offices.
“Nothing compares to the miracle of bringing a new life into the world,” McMorris Rodgers wrote on Instagram. “She’s beautiful and seems to be taking it all in stride. Our hearts are full.”
The five-term representative is the fourth-ranking Republican in the U.S. House. She is chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
Mom and baby are doing “very well,” spokesman Nate Hodson said. “She looks forward to continuing her duties as House Republican Conference chair and running again for re-election next year to Washington’s 5th District.”
McMorris Rodgers is the first to give birth three times while serving in Congress, and the first to do so while serving in leadership.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge