Wednesday, November 27, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and her husband, Brian Rodgers, have added a girl to their family.
The 5th District congresswoman gave birth to a daughter, Brynn Catherine Rodgers, on Nov. 24. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
She joins a brother, Cole, 6, and sister Grace, 2.
The baby’s birth was announced Nov. 25 via McMorris Rodgers’ Instagram account and later by her campaign and congressional offices.
“Nothing compares to the miracle of bringing a new life into the world,” McMorris Rodgers wrote on Instagram. “She’s beautiful and seems to be taking it all in stride. Our hearts are full.”
The five-term representative is the fourth-ranking Republican in the U.S. House. She is chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
Mom and baby are doing “very well,” spokesman Nate Hodson said. “She looks forward to continuing her duties as House Republican Conference chair and running again for re-election next year to Washington’s 5th District.”
McMorris Rodgers is the first to give birth three times while serving in Congress, and the first to do so while serving in leadership.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge