Wednesday, November 27, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and her husband, Brian Rodgers, have added a girl to their family.
The 5th District congresswoman gave birth to a daughter, Brynn Catherine Rodgers, on Nov. 24. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
She joins a brother, Cole, 6, and sister Grace, 2.
The baby’s birth was announced Nov. 25 via McMorris Rodgers’ Instagram account and later by her campaign and congressional offices.
“Nothing compares to the miracle of bringing a new life into the world,” McMorris Rodgers wrote on Instagram. “She’s beautiful and seems to be taking it all in stride. Our hearts are full.”
The five-term representative is the fourth-ranking Republican in the U.S. House. She is chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
Mom and baby are doing “very well,” spokesman Nate Hodson said. “She looks forward to continuing her duties as House Republican Conference chair and running again for re-election next year to Washington’s 5th District.”
McMorris Rodgers is the first to give birth three times while serving in Congress, and the first to do so while serving in leadership.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors