Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OMAK The eighth annual Jammin’ Against Hunger concert will be from 6-10 p.m. Saturday at The Courtyard Downtown, 28 N. Main St.
The Associated Students of Wenatchee Valley College at Omak event will feature the Sammy Eubanks Band from Spokane.
Admission to the drug- and alcohol-free event is four items of non-perishable, unexpired food for local food banks.
“Food banks are requesting donations of canned fruits and proteins such as peanut butter and meat products,” the college said.
Eubanks has won multiple awards and recognitions, including seven out of 17 “Best Male Vocalist” of the year awards given out by the Inland Empire Blues Society and Inlander magazine’s “Best Local Musician” award for 2007 and 2011.
His newest release, “Riding Alone,” has drawn attention from IndieMusic.com and was awarded “editors’ pick” March 2011 and “Best Blues Album” by Inland Empire Blues Society at the 17th Annual Empire Awards in 2011.
Spokane-Coeur d’Alene Living magazine awarded band the “Best of the City” award for 2012.
In the same year, the band won the Washington State IBC Finals in Snohomish and competed in the International Blues Challenge finals in Memphis, Tenn., where it advanced to the semi-finals.
Eubanks has opened for national recording artists such as Clint Black, Lee Roy Parnell, Kenny Chesney, Merle Haggard, Sawyer Brown, Colt Ford, Pat Travers and BB King.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Omak boys win summer hoop league
- Indian Taco Feed Fundraiser planned for Thursday, June 29
- Henrie takes first at Osoyoos, B.C. drag races
- Farmers Insurance 60s finish second
- Entries due Thursday for Nespelem Celebration Rodeo
- Chesaw to celebrate 75th rodeo on the Fourth