Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OMAK The eighth annual Jammin’ Against Hunger concert will be from 6-10 p.m. Saturday at The Courtyard Downtown, 28 N. Main St.
The Associated Students of Wenatchee Valley College at Omak event will feature the Sammy Eubanks Band from Spokane.
Admission to the drug- and alcohol-free event is four items of non-perishable, unexpired food for local food banks.
“Food banks are requesting donations of canned fruits and proteins such as peanut butter and meat products,” the college said.
Eubanks has won multiple awards and recognitions, including seven out of 17 “Best Male Vocalist” of the year awards given out by the Inland Empire Blues Society and Inlander magazine’s “Best Local Musician” award for 2007 and 2011.
His newest release, “Riding Alone,” has drawn attention from IndieMusic.com and was awarded “editors’ pick” March 2011 and “Best Blues Album” by Inland Empire Blues Society at the 17th Annual Empire Awards in 2011.
Spokane-Coeur d’Alene Living magazine awarded band the “Best of the City” award for 2012.
In the same year, the band won the Washington State IBC Finals in Snohomish and competed in the International Blues Challenge finals in Memphis, Tenn., where it advanced to the semi-finals.
Eubanks has opened for national recording artists such as Clint Black, Lee Roy Parnell, Kenny Chesney, Merle Haggard, Sawyer Brown, Colt Ford, Pat Travers and BB King.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING