Wednesday, November 27, 2013
REPUBLIC A Christmas Pop-up Shop and The Winter Market will be open during December at 628 S. Clark Ave.
Abigail Ellison of ATA Productions is launching the two shops, which will be in the same building as Gold Mountain Gallery.
An opening party will be from 4-9 p.m. Dec. 7.
“Pop-up shops are a relatively new phenomenon in the major urban centers,” she said. “In places like New York, Los Angeles and Seattle shops of any kind just kind of pop up. With the help of social media and its instant communications, and with the help of city councils and landlords, businesses set up shop for short periods of time, from two weeks to two months, and then get the word out.”
The temporary nature of such shops “makes for a rather exciting and fun experience. Now you see it, now you don’t,” she said.
The Winter Market will feature local artisans, crafters, specialty food items and designers with a wide array of one-of-a-kind gifts and edible treats. There will be events at the market including live music, do-it-yourself workshops, artist demonstrations and other events.
Gift wrapping and gift basket service will be available, and a Children’s Gift Tree is in the works, Ellison said.
The second shop, The Christmas Pop-up Shop, will feature All Things Abigail home ware, art, gifts and accessories, and items from other area designers.
Ellison has a Facebook page for All Things Abigail.
“This experience is so available in the small town setting since there can be many spaces that sit empty, it can really help to revitalize and invigorate the social character of a town,” she said.
People often end up at big-box stores without realizing “the wealth of unique items in their very own community,” she said.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON