Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Bridgeport’s stingy goalkeeper Sarah Rios was named the Most Valuable Player in the Central Washington 2B Soccer League.
Rios, a junior, helped the Fillies to a 15-2 record by limiting opponents to 14 goals, or less than one per game.
After losing the season-opener 3-0 to Brewster, Bridgeport ran off 14 straight season wins including four shutouts in the final five games.
The Mountain Lions, guided by Liberty Bell’s Coaching Staff of the year (Erik Olson and Mike Wilson), beat Bridgeport, 3-2, in state quarterfinals.
Liberty Bell played in the final state games Nov. 22-23 in Sumner. Story on Page 1B
Joining Rios on the first team were defenders senior Aisha Herrejon and freshman Samantha Martinez of Bridgeport, eighth-grader Haley Post of Liberty Bell and senior Rubi Portillo of Manson.
First team midfielders were Yesenia Ramirez of Entiat, Jenny Salazar (junior) and Alba Robles (sophomore) of Bridgeport, and Mia Kennedy (freshman) of Liberty Bell.
First team strikers were Alexis Swearingen of Entiat and Lauren Fitzmaurice (freshman) of Liberty Bell. Oroville won the sportsmanship award.
Goalkeeper: Yeraldin Sepulveda, Manson.
Defenders: Kaitlyn Grunst, Oroville; Viridiana Santana, Bridgeport; and Taylor Southhard and Alexandra Barker, Entiat.
Midfielders: Danielle Mott, Liberty Bell; Paula Soto, Bridgeport; and Anna Spencer and Sandy Hernandez, Entiat.
Strikers: Ayana Herrejon, Bridgeport, and Corrine Dietz, Liberty Bell.
Goalkeeper: Hannah Hafsos, Liberty Bell.
Defenders: Kali Peters, Oroville, and Kathleen Chavey-Reynaud, Liberty Bell.
Midfielders: Karina Perea, Bridgeport.
Strikers: Megan Moralez, Oroville; Jocelyn Escobar and Noemi Montes, Manson.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING