Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Bridgeport’s stingy goalkeeper Sarah Rios was named the Most Valuable Player in the Central Washington 2B Soccer League.
Rios, a junior, helped the Fillies to a 15-2 record by limiting opponents to 14 goals, or less than one per game.
After losing the season-opener 3-0 to Brewster, Bridgeport ran off 14 straight season wins including four shutouts in the final five games.
The Mountain Lions, guided by Liberty Bell’s Coaching Staff of the year (Erik Olson and Mike Wilson), beat Bridgeport, 3-2, in state quarterfinals.
Liberty Bell played in the final state games Nov. 22-23 in Sumner. Story on Page 1B
Joining Rios on the first team were defenders senior Aisha Herrejon and freshman Samantha Martinez of Bridgeport, eighth-grader Haley Post of Liberty Bell and senior Rubi Portillo of Manson.
First team midfielders were Yesenia Ramirez of Entiat, Jenny Salazar (junior) and Alba Robles (sophomore) of Bridgeport, and Mia Kennedy (freshman) of Liberty Bell.
First team strikers were Alexis Swearingen of Entiat and Lauren Fitzmaurice (freshman) of Liberty Bell. Oroville won the sportsmanship award.
Goalkeeper: Yeraldin Sepulveda, Manson.
Defenders: Kaitlyn Grunst, Oroville; Viridiana Santana, Bridgeport; and Taylor Southhard and Alexandra Barker, Entiat.
Midfielders: Danielle Mott, Liberty Bell; Paula Soto, Bridgeport; and Anna Spencer and Sandy Hernandez, Entiat.
Strikers: Ayana Herrejon, Bridgeport, and Corrine Dietz, Liberty Bell.
Goalkeeper: Hannah Hafsos, Liberty Bell.
Defenders: Kali Peters, Oroville, and Kathleen Chavey-Reynaud, Liberty Bell.
Midfielders: Karina Perea, Bridgeport.
Strikers: Megan Moralez, Oroville; Jocelyn Escobar and Noemi Montes, Manson.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge