Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Bridgeport’s stingy goalkeeper Sarah Rios was named the Most Valuable Player in the Central Washington 2B Soccer League.
Rios, a junior, helped the Fillies to a 15-2 record by limiting opponents to 14 goals, or less than one per game.
After losing the season-opener 3-0 to Brewster, Bridgeport ran off 14 straight season wins including four shutouts in the final five games.
The Mountain Lions, guided by Liberty Bell’s Coaching Staff of the year (Erik Olson and Mike Wilson), beat Bridgeport, 3-2, in state quarterfinals.
Liberty Bell played in the final state games Nov. 22-23 in Sumner. Story on Page 1B
Joining Rios on the first team were defenders senior Aisha Herrejon and freshman Samantha Martinez of Bridgeport, eighth-grader Haley Post of Liberty Bell and senior Rubi Portillo of Manson.
First team midfielders were Yesenia Ramirez of Entiat, Jenny Salazar (junior) and Alba Robles (sophomore) of Bridgeport, and Mia Kennedy (freshman) of Liberty Bell.
First team strikers were Alexis Swearingen of Entiat and Lauren Fitzmaurice (freshman) of Liberty Bell. Oroville won the sportsmanship award.
Goalkeeper: Yeraldin Sepulveda, Manson.
Defenders: Kaitlyn Grunst, Oroville; Viridiana Santana, Bridgeport; and Taylor Southhard and Alexandra Barker, Entiat.
Midfielders: Danielle Mott, Liberty Bell; Paula Soto, Bridgeport; and Anna Spencer and Sandy Hernandez, Entiat.
Strikers: Ayana Herrejon, Bridgeport, and Corrine Dietz, Liberty Bell.
Goalkeeper: Hannah Hafsos, Liberty Bell.
Defenders: Kali Peters, Oroville, and Kathleen Chavey-Reynaud, Liberty Bell.
Midfielders: Karina Perea, Bridgeport.
Strikers: Megan Moralez, Oroville; Jocelyn Escobar and Noemi Montes, Manson.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge