Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Bridgeport’s stingy goalkeeper Sarah Rios was named the Most Valuable Player in the Central Washington 2B Soccer League.
Rios, a junior, helped the Fillies to a 15-2 record by limiting opponents to 14 goals, or less than one per game.
After losing the season-opener 3-0 to Brewster, Bridgeport ran off 14 straight season wins including four shutouts in the final five games.
The Mountain Lions, guided by Liberty Bell’s Coaching Staff of the year (Erik Olson and Mike Wilson), beat Bridgeport, 3-2, in state quarterfinals.
Liberty Bell played in the final state games Nov. 22-23 in Sumner. Story on Page 1B
Joining Rios on the first team were defenders senior Aisha Herrejon and freshman Samantha Martinez of Bridgeport, eighth-grader Haley Post of Liberty Bell and senior Rubi Portillo of Manson.
First team midfielders were Yesenia Ramirez of Entiat, Jenny Salazar (junior) and Alba Robles (sophomore) of Bridgeport, and Mia Kennedy (freshman) of Liberty Bell.
First team strikers were Alexis Swearingen of Entiat and Lauren Fitzmaurice (freshman) of Liberty Bell. Oroville won the sportsmanship award.
Goalkeeper: Yeraldin Sepulveda, Manson.
Defenders: Kaitlyn Grunst, Oroville; Viridiana Santana, Bridgeport; and Taylor Southhard and Alexandra Barker, Entiat.
Midfielders: Danielle Mott, Liberty Bell; Paula Soto, Bridgeport; and Anna Spencer and Sandy Hernandez, Entiat.
Strikers: Ayana Herrejon, Bridgeport, and Corrine Dietz, Liberty Bell.
Goalkeeper: Hannah Hafsos, Liberty Bell.
Defenders: Kali Peters, Oroville, and Kathleen Chavey-Reynaud, Liberty Bell.
Midfielders: Karina Perea, Bridgeport.
Strikers: Megan Moralez, Oroville; Jocelyn Escobar and Noemi Montes, Manson.
More like this story
- School officials get earful
- School bond issues going down in defeat
- Ice storm brings closures, hazardous travel
- School delays, closures planned
- 810 (2017-036 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1173
- 810 (2017-037 Feb. 15) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1172
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-023 Feb. 1, 08, 15) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY