Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Bridgeport’s stingy goalkeeper Sarah Rios was named the Most Valuable Player in the Central Washington 2B Soccer League.
Rios, a junior, helped the Fillies to a 15-2 record by limiting opponents to 14 goals, or less than one per game.
After losing the season-opener 3-0 to Brewster, Bridgeport ran off 14 straight season wins including four shutouts in the final five games.
The Mountain Lions, guided by Liberty Bell’s Coaching Staff of the year (Erik Olson and Mike Wilson), beat Bridgeport, 3-2, in state quarterfinals.
Liberty Bell played in the final state games Nov. 22-23 in Sumner. Story on Page 1B
Joining Rios on the first team were defenders senior Aisha Herrejon and freshman Samantha Martinez of Bridgeport, eighth-grader Haley Post of Liberty Bell and senior Rubi Portillo of Manson.
First team midfielders were Yesenia Ramirez of Entiat, Jenny Salazar (junior) and Alba Robles (sophomore) of Bridgeport, and Mia Kennedy (freshman) of Liberty Bell.
First team strikers were Alexis Swearingen of Entiat and Lauren Fitzmaurice (freshman) of Liberty Bell. Oroville won the sportsmanship award.
Goalkeeper: Yeraldin Sepulveda, Manson.
Defenders: Kaitlyn Grunst, Oroville; Viridiana Santana, Bridgeport; and Taylor Southhard and Alexandra Barker, Entiat.
Midfielders: Danielle Mott, Liberty Bell; Paula Soto, Bridgeport; and Anna Spencer and Sandy Hernandez, Entiat.
Strikers: Ayana Herrejon, Bridgeport, and Corrine Dietz, Liberty Bell.
Goalkeeper: Hannah Hafsos, Liberty Bell.
Defenders: Kali Peters, Oroville, and Kathleen Chavey-Reynaud, Liberty Bell.
Midfielders: Karina Perea, Bridgeport.
Strikers: Megan Moralez, Oroville; Jocelyn Escobar and Noemi Montes, Manson.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25