Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OKANOGAN Okanogan County has a new hearing examiner to consider and make recommendations on land use affairs.
Dan Beardslee, a senior land use consultant for Erlandsen and Associates, was selected from two applicants. The other, Wenatchee-based attorney Andrew Kottkamp, has provided hearing examiner services for Bridgeport as well as Douglas, Chelan, Grant and Kittitas counties.
Beardslee will perform the job on a one-year trial basis. The county hasn’t had a hearing examiner since 1994.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge