Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BREWSTER Brewster High School volleyball coach Marcy Boesel was named Coach of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Senior Abby Phelps of Chelan is the Player of the Year.
Brewster senior Brette Boesel and sophomore Marquette “Markie” Miller were named to the first team.
“I was happy for Brette and Marquette to receive acknowledgement of their skills from the coaches in our league,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “They both have put a lot of time and effort into becoming the best volleyball players they can be and are very deserving of first team recognition.”
Brewster received the team sportsmanship award.
“Having Brewster receive the sportsmanship award was definitely rewarding,” coach Boesel said.
“When voting it was stressed to take into consideration not only the opposing team, but also how welcomed you felt in the gym and how the crowd treated you. It is certainly an award to be shared with our entire school.”
The second team included senior Lindsey Hughes and, in a tie, Brewster senior Jocelyn Reyes and Quincy sophomore Kaitlin Ramsey at libero.
Honorable mention went to Brewster senior Margie Brammer, Okanogan freshman Jordyn Boesel and junior Vanessa VanderWeide, Omak senior Baelie Meese, junior Kellie Foth and junior Diane Hilderbrand and Tonasket senior Cassie Spear.
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge