Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BREWSTER Brewster High School volleyball coach Marcy Boesel was named Coach of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Senior Abby Phelps of Chelan is the Player of the Year.
Brewster senior Brette Boesel and sophomore Marquette “Markie” Miller were named to the first team.
“I was happy for Brette and Marquette to receive acknowledgement of their skills from the coaches in our league,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “They both have put a lot of time and effort into becoming the best volleyball players they can be and are very deserving of first team recognition.”
Brewster received the team sportsmanship award.
“Having Brewster receive the sportsmanship award was definitely rewarding,” coach Boesel said.
“When voting it was stressed to take into consideration not only the opposing team, but also how welcomed you felt in the gym and how the crowd treated you. It is certainly an award to be shared with our entire school.”
The second team included senior Lindsey Hughes and, in a tie, Brewster senior Jocelyn Reyes and Quincy sophomore Kaitlin Ramsey at libero.
Honorable mention went to Brewster senior Margie Brammer, Okanogan freshman Jordyn Boesel and junior Vanessa VanderWeide, Omak senior Baelie Meese, junior Kellie Foth and junior Diane Hilderbrand and Tonasket senior Cassie Spear.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options