Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BREWSTER Brewster High School volleyball coach Marcy Boesel was named Coach of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Senior Abby Phelps of Chelan is the Player of the Year.
Brewster senior Brette Boesel and sophomore Marquette “Markie” Miller were named to the first team.
“I was happy for Brette and Marquette to receive acknowledgement of their skills from the coaches in our league,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “They both have put a lot of time and effort into becoming the best volleyball players they can be and are very deserving of first team recognition.”
Brewster received the team sportsmanship award.
“Having Brewster receive the sportsmanship award was definitely rewarding,” coach Boesel said.
“When voting it was stressed to take into consideration not only the opposing team, but also how welcomed you felt in the gym and how the crowd treated you. It is certainly an award to be shared with our entire school.”
The second team included senior Lindsey Hughes and, in a tie, Brewster senior Jocelyn Reyes and Quincy sophomore Kaitlin Ramsey at libero.
Honorable mention went to Brewster senior Margie Brammer, Okanogan freshman Jordyn Boesel and junior Vanessa VanderWeide, Omak senior Baelie Meese, junior Kellie Foth and junior Diane Hilderbrand and Tonasket senior Cassie Spear.
More like this story
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge