Wednesday, November 27, 2013
BREWSTER Brewster High School volleyball coach Marcy Boesel was named Coach of the Year in the Caribou Trail League.
Senior Abby Phelps of Chelan is the Player of the Year.
Brewster senior Brette Boesel and sophomore Marquette “Markie” Miller were named to the first team.
“I was happy for Brette and Marquette to receive acknowledgement of their skills from the coaches in our league,” Brewster coach Marcy Boesel said. “They both have put a lot of time and effort into becoming the best volleyball players they can be and are very deserving of first team recognition.”
Brewster received the team sportsmanship award.
“Having Brewster receive the sportsmanship award was definitely rewarding,” coach Boesel said.
“When voting it was stressed to take into consideration not only the opposing team, but also how welcomed you felt in the gym and how the crowd treated you. It is certainly an award to be shared with our entire school.”
The second team included senior Lindsey Hughes and, in a tie, Brewster senior Jocelyn Reyes and Quincy sophomore Kaitlin Ramsey at libero.
Honorable mention went to Brewster senior Margie Brammer, Okanogan freshman Jordyn Boesel and junior Vanessa VanderWeide, Omak senior Baelie Meese, junior Kellie Foth and junior Diane Hilderbrand and Tonasket senior Cassie Spear.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting