Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OKANOGAN Donations are being accepted for the annual Omak-Okanogan Community Christmas Basket Program, which provides holiday food for people in need.
“As we celebrate the holidays with friends and family, counting our blessings during this time of year, it’s important to remember those less fortunate than us in our own community,” the basket committee said.
The Omak Kiwanis Club and Omak-Okanogan Civic League coordinate the program.
Distribution will be at 8 a.m. Dec. 21 at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
Donations will be accepted from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 16-20. Bulk donations will be assembled into baskets on those days.
Each basket will contain a holiday meal consisting of a meat certificate (small, $10, or large, $12-15), plus canned vegetables (corn and beans suggested), potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and dessert mix, plus staples for a week.
Suggested staple items include rice, beans, cereal, jelly, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix, oil, tuna, main dish mixes, powdered milk, flour, noodles, soup and fruit or juice.
Donations of individual food items can be made, or a business, group or family can donate a complete basket, organizers said.
Cash donations can be made to the Community Christmas Basket Account at the Omak branch of Wells Fargo Bank, 21 W. First St.
More like this story
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge