Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OKANOGAN Donations are being accepted for the annual Omak-Okanogan Community Christmas Basket Program, which provides holiday food for people in need.
“As we celebrate the holidays with friends and family, counting our blessings during this time of year, it’s important to remember those less fortunate than us in our own community,” the basket committee said.
The Omak Kiwanis Club and Omak-Okanogan Civic League coordinate the program.
Distribution will be at 8 a.m. Dec. 21 at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
Donations will be accepted from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 16-20. Bulk donations will be assembled into baskets on those days.
Each basket will contain a holiday meal consisting of a meat certificate (small, $10, or large, $12-15), plus canned vegetables (corn and beans suggested), potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and dessert mix, plus staples for a week.
Suggested staple items include rice, beans, cereal, jelly, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix, oil, tuna, main dish mixes, powdered milk, flour, noodles, soup and fruit or juice.
Donations of individual food items can be made, or a business, group or family can donate a complete basket, organizers said.
Cash donations can be made to the Community Christmas Basket Account at the Omak branch of Wells Fargo Bank, 21 W. First St.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge