Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OKANOGAN Donations are being accepted for the annual Omak-Okanogan Community Christmas Basket Program, which provides holiday food for people in need.
“As we celebrate the holidays with friends and family, counting our blessings during this time of year, it’s important to remember those less fortunate than us in our own community,” the basket committee said.
The Omak Kiwanis Club and Omak-Okanogan Civic League coordinate the program.
Distribution will be at 8 a.m. Dec. 21 at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
Donations will be accepted from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 16-20. Bulk donations will be assembled into baskets on those days.
Each basket will contain a holiday meal consisting of a meat certificate (small, $10, or large, $12-15), plus canned vegetables (corn and beans suggested), potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and dessert mix, plus staples for a week.
Suggested staple items include rice, beans, cereal, jelly, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix, oil, tuna, main dish mixes, powdered milk, flour, noodles, soup and fruit or juice.
Donations of individual food items can be made, or a business, group or family can donate a complete basket, organizers said.
Cash donations can be made to the Community Christmas Basket Account at the Omak branch of Wells Fargo Bank, 21 W. First St.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge