Wednesday, November 27, 2013
OKANOGAN Donations are being accepted for the annual Omak-Okanogan Community Christmas Basket Program, which provides holiday food for people in need.
“As we celebrate the holidays with friends and family, counting our blessings during this time of year, it’s important to remember those less fortunate than us in our own community,” the basket committee said.
The Omak Kiwanis Club and Omak-Okanogan Civic League coordinate the program.
Distribution will be at 8 a.m. Dec. 21 at the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
Donations will be accepted from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 16-20. Bulk donations will be assembled into baskets on those days.
Each basket will contain a holiday meal consisting of a meat certificate (small, $10, or large, $12-15), plus canned vegetables (corn and beans suggested), potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing mix and dessert mix, plus staples for a week.
Suggested staple items include rice, beans, cereal, jelly, peanut butter, syrup, pancake mix, oil, tuna, main dish mixes, powdered milk, flour, noodles, soup and fruit or juice.
Donations of individual food items can be made, or a business, group or family can donate a complete basket, organizers said.
Cash donations can be made to the Community Christmas Basket Account at the Omak branch of Wells Fargo Bank, 21 W. First St.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge