Wednesday, November 27, 2013
(2013-616 Nov. 27)
NOTICE TO APPLE GROWERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the direction of the Washington State Director of Agriculture, a special meeting of apple growers will be held on Monday, December 2, 2013, at 1:10 p.m. at the Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee, Washington, in conjunction with the Washington State Horticulture Association Convention, for the purpose of making nominations orally for three grower members of the Washington Apple Commission for a three-year term, commencing March 1, 2014.
Positions open for nominations are:
• Position 1, Grower District 1 - the are includes the counties of Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan. This position is currently held by Brian Sand of Wenatchee, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 5, Grower District 2 - the are includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Barbara Walkenhauer of Selah, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 8, Grower District 2 - the area includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Jon Alegria of Tieton, who is seeking re-election.
Nominations may also be made within five (5) days after said meeting by written petition filed in the Wenatchee office of the Commission, signed by not less than five (5) voting apple growers residing within the respective District.
After the completion of said nominations, the advisory vote will be held by secret ballot under the supervision of the Washington State Director of Agriculture. Final appointments will be made by the Director.
WASHINGTON APPLE COMMISSION FOR THE WASHINGTON STATE DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Commissioners impose cannabis moratorium
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week