Wednesday, November 27, 2013
(2013-616 Nov. 27)
NOTICE TO APPLE GROWERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the direction of the Washington State Director of Agriculture, a special meeting of apple growers will be held on Monday, December 2, 2013, at 1:10 p.m. at the Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee, Washington, in conjunction with the Washington State Horticulture Association Convention, for the purpose of making nominations orally for three grower members of the Washington Apple Commission for a three-year term, commencing March 1, 2014.
Positions open for nominations are:
• Position 1, Grower District 1 - the are includes the counties of Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan. This position is currently held by Brian Sand of Wenatchee, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 5, Grower District 2 - the are includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Barbara Walkenhauer of Selah, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 8, Grower District 2 - the area includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Jon Alegria of Tieton, who is seeking re-election.
Nominations may also be made within five (5) days after said meeting by written petition filed in the Wenatchee office of the Commission, signed by not less than five (5) voting apple growers residing within the respective District.
After the completion of said nominations, the advisory vote will be held by secret ballot under the supervision of the Washington State Director of Agriculture. Final appointments will be made by the Director.
WASHINGTON APPLE COMMISSION FOR THE WASHINGTON STATE DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge