Wednesday, November 27, 2013
(2013-616 Nov. 27)
NOTICE TO APPLE GROWERS
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to the direction of the Washington State Director of Agriculture, a special meeting of apple growers will be held on Monday, December 2, 2013, at 1:10 p.m. at the Wenatchee Convention Center, Wenatchee, Washington, in conjunction with the Washington State Horticulture Association Convention, for the purpose of making nominations orally for three grower members of the Washington Apple Commission for a three-year term, commencing March 1, 2014.
Positions open for nominations are:
• Position 1, Grower District 1 - the are includes the counties of Chelan, Douglas and Okanogan. This position is currently held by Brian Sand of Wenatchee, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 5, Grower District 2 - the are includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Barbara Walkenhauer of Selah, who is seeking re-election.
• Position 8, Grower District 2 - the area includes the counties of Kittitas, Yakima, Benton and Franklin. This position is currently held by Jon Alegria of Tieton, who is seeking re-election.
Nominations may also be made within five (5) days after said meeting by written petition filed in the Wenatchee office of the Commission, signed by not less than five (5) voting apple growers residing within the respective District.
After the completion of said nominations, the advisory vote will be held by secret ballot under the supervision of the Washington State Director of Agriculture. Final appointments will be made by the Director.
WASHINGTON APPLE COMMISSION FOR THE WASHINGTON STATE DIRECTOR OF AGRICULTURE
Published by Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge