Tuesday, November 26, 2013
PATEROS Following a fifth-place finish at the state 1B volleyball tournament Nov. 16 in the SunDome, the Pateros Nannies have received a nod from the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association for sportsmanship to go with their trophy.
“I do want to say congratulations to the Pateros volleyball team for their success at state a couple weeks ago,” said Cindy Adsit, assistant executive director of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
Adsit, WIAA Athletic Director Mike Ottis and sportsmanship mascot Sporty all visited the high school Tuesday morning to give each member of the team a sportsmanship medal and present the fifth-place trophy in front of their peers.
“You can see a lot of community pride, especially once you get into the city limits,” Adsit said.
Players Ashton Steggall and EmmaLee Luft were called up first to represent the team. Adsit said they had received two awards, and asked the girls to select a fellow student from the audience to give the second award to. They chose Keira Moore.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge