Tuesday, November 26, 2013
PATEROS Following a fifth-place finish at the state 1B volleyball tournament Nov. 16 in the SunDome, the Pateros Nannies have received a nod from the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association for sportsmanship to go with their trophy.
“I do want to say congratulations to the Pateros volleyball team for their success at state a couple weeks ago,” said Cindy Adsit, assistant executive director of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
Adsit, WIAA Athletic Director Mike Ottis and sportsmanship mascot Sporty all visited the high school Tuesday morning to give each member of the team a sportsmanship medal and present the fifth-place trophy in front of their peers.
“You can see a lot of community pride, especially once you get into the city limits,” Adsit said.
Players Ashton Steggall and EmmaLee Luft were called up first to represent the team. Adsit said they had received two awards, and asked the girls to select a fellow student from the audience to give the second award to. They chose Keira Moore.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge