Sunday, November 24, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Sarina Williams of Liberty Bell was named the Most Valuable Player of the Central Washington 2B Volleyball League.
Williams helped the Mountain Lions to second place in league at 11-5 overall.
Bridgeport coach Hanna Coffman was named Coach of the Year. She guided the Fillies to a 10-7 record, first place in league and a trip to the state tournament.
Manson received the team sportsmanship award.
First team - Sarina Williams, OH, Liberty Bell. Brittney Jewitt, S/OH, Oroville. Diocelina Torres – DS, Bridgeport. Taylor Curtiss – OH, Liberty Bell. Chyenne Kelly – OH, Lake Roosevelt. Brianna Rogers – S, Bridgeport. Cynthia Espinoza – Libero, Manson.
Second team - Mikel Friedlander – S, Lake Roosevelt. Whitney Fox – MB, Liberty Bell. Bridget Clark – RS, Oroville. Jordan Peart – MB, Bridgeport. Rachelle Nutt – MB, Oroville. Baylee Ward – OH, Manson.
Honorable Mention - Maddie Ward, Manson. Mikayla Scott, Oroville. Courtney Austin, Bridgeport. Kassadi Boutain, Lake Roosevelt. Ashley Watson, Liberty Bell. Anita Velazquez, Bridgeport.
More like this story
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25
- Winthrop council reviews draft 2018 budget
- WVCO seeks comments on new wildland fire program
- Free Thanksgiving meals offered
- Middle school students collect food for those in need
- Stampede inducts Dunckel, crowns Marchand as queen
- Navy apologizes for phallic skywriting