Sunday, November 24, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Sarina Williams of Liberty Bell was named the Most Valuable Player of the Central Washington 2B Volleyball League.
Williams helped the Mountain Lions to second place in league at 11-5 overall.
Bridgeport coach Hanna Coffman was named Coach of the Year. She guided the Fillies to a 10-7 record, first place in league and a trip to the state tournament.
Manson received the team sportsmanship award.
First team - Sarina Williams, OH, Liberty Bell. Brittney Jewitt, S/OH, Oroville. Diocelina Torres – DS, Bridgeport. Taylor Curtiss – OH, Liberty Bell. Chyenne Kelly – OH, Lake Roosevelt. Brianna Rogers – S, Bridgeport. Cynthia Espinoza – Libero, Manson.
Second team - Mikel Friedlander – S, Lake Roosevelt. Whitney Fox – MB, Liberty Bell. Bridget Clark – RS, Oroville. Jordan Peart – MB, Bridgeport. Rachelle Nutt – MB, Oroville. Baylee Ward – OH, Manson.
Honorable Mention - Maddie Ward, Manson. Mikayla Scott, Oroville. Courtney Austin, Bridgeport. Kassadi Boutain, Lake Roosevelt. Ashley Watson, Liberty Bell. Anita Velazquez, Bridgeport.
More like this story
- Rule change closes some steelhead fishing
- Okanogan claims state 1B/2B soccer title
- Okanogan returns to state 2B football semifinals
- Emergency declared
- Murder trial enters second week in court
- Elementary students honor veterans
- NFHS to broadcast state soccer finals
- Statewide wind storms leave little damage in Okanogan County
- Prosecutor gives opening argument in Jennings murder trial
- Suspect takes his own life in standoff