Sunday, November 24, 2013
BRIDGEPORT Sarina Williams of Liberty Bell was named the Most Valuable Player of the Central Washington 2B Volleyball League.
Williams helped the Mountain Lions to second place in league at 11-5 overall.
Bridgeport coach Hanna Coffman was named Coach of the Year. She guided the Fillies to a 10-7 record, first place in league and a trip to the state tournament.
Manson received the team sportsmanship award.
First team - Sarina Williams, OH, Liberty Bell. Brittney Jewitt, S/OH, Oroville. Diocelina Torres – DS, Bridgeport. Taylor Curtiss – OH, Liberty Bell. Chyenne Kelly – OH, Lake Roosevelt. Brianna Rogers – S, Bridgeport. Cynthia Espinoza – Libero, Manson.
Second team - Mikel Friedlander – S, Lake Roosevelt. Whitney Fox – MB, Liberty Bell. Bridget Clark – RS, Oroville. Jordan Peart – MB, Bridgeport. Rachelle Nutt – MB, Oroville. Baylee Ward – OH, Manson.
Honorable Mention - Maddie Ward, Manson. Mikayla Scott, Oroville. Courtney Austin, Bridgeport. Kassadi Boutain, Lake Roosevelt. Ashley Watson, Liberty Bell. Anita Velazquez, Bridgeport.
More like this story
- Former Tonasket coach found not guilty
- Helispot will be set up for Diamond Creek Fire
- Brewster preps for championship with win over Okanogan
- Landowners file suit over Carlton Complex fire
- Pasayten fire confinement boundaries scoped
- 'Mad Dog’ Mattis visits tavern in Prosser
- Fire danger rating rises in northeast Washington
- State changes Chinook salmon rule
- Diamond fire grows to 350 acres
- Grand opening planned for Tonasket swimming pool