Sunday, November 24, 2013
PATEROS Jessi Dowers, an outside hitter for Pateros, recently was named the Most Valuable Player in the North-Central Washington 1B League.
Dowers, a senior, helped lead the Nannies to an undefeated regular season.
Pateros (23-1 including Bridgeport volleyball tournament matches) would fall for the only time this year in the state quarterfinals before going 3-1 and bringing back a fifth-place state trophy, the best in school history.
The school’s previous best at state was seventh, recorded last year.
Dowers finished state with 27 kills, 59/64 serving with 13 aces, 41 assists, 43 digs and 19 passes.
She plans to study architecture at Montana State University. She will wait and see if there is a need for setters on the school’s volleyball team, her father, Gene Dowers, said.
Jill Moomaw of Waterville was named Coach of the Year.
Entiat was awarded the league’s sportsmanship honor.
Joining Dowers on the first team was Chloe Gill, who finished the state tournament with 39 kills 55/60 serving, 16 aces, 42 passes, 55 digs and 6 assists.
Gill may attended an eastern Washington community college (Wenatchee or Walla Walla) where she probably will play libero on the volleyball team.
Many colleges will see players during the winter club volleyball season, coach Dowers said.
Rounding out the first team were Diana Davila and Hanna Clements of Waterville and Cierra Kohlman and Yumiko Sanford of Entiat.
The league’s libero award went to Brittany Lamb of Entiat.
Honorable mention went to Grace Williams (10 kills, 44/48 serving, 7 aces, 42 passes, 48 digs, 4 blocks at state) of Pateros and Andrew Toomey of Waterville.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge