Sunday, November 24, 2013
PATEROS Jessi Dowers, an outside hitter for Pateros, recently was named the Most Valuable Player in the North-Central Washington 1B League.
Dowers, a senior, helped lead the Nannies to an undefeated regular season.
Pateros (23-1 including Bridgeport volleyball tournament matches) would fall for the only time this year in the state quarterfinals before going 3-1 and bringing back a fifth-place state trophy, the best in school history.
The school’s previous best at state was seventh, recorded last year.
Dowers finished state with 27 kills, 59/64 serving with 13 aces, 41 assists, 43 digs and 19 passes.
She plans to study architecture at Montana State University. She will wait and see if there is a need for setters on the school’s volleyball team, her father, Gene Dowers, said.
Jill Moomaw of Waterville was named Coach of the Year.
Entiat was awarded the league’s sportsmanship honor.
Joining Dowers on the first team was Chloe Gill, who finished the state tournament with 39 kills 55/60 serving, 16 aces, 42 passes, 55 digs and 6 assists.
Gill may attended an eastern Washington community college (Wenatchee or Walla Walla) where she probably will play libero on the volleyball team.
Many colleges will see players during the winter club volleyball season, coach Dowers said.
Rounding out the first team were Diana Davila and Hanna Clements of Waterville and Cierra Kohlman and Yumiko Sanford of Entiat.
The league’s libero award went to Brittany Lamb of Entiat.
Honorable mention went to Grace Williams (10 kills, 44/48 serving, 7 aces, 42 passes, 48 digs, 4 blocks at state) of Pateros and Andrew Toomey of Waterville.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge