Thursday, November 21, 2013
OKANOGAN An area woman is facing more than eight years in prison after being sentenced Tuesday in a two-year-old vehicular homicide case in Okanogan County Superior Court.
Shanie R. Marchand, 34, of Omak, was sentenced for the drunken driving crash that killed Omak resident Lyle D. Edwards on Nov. 4, 2011.
Edwards was pronounced dead at the scene 14 miles east of Omak, court records show. He was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Marchand and her passengers Georgina J. Dangeli, 39, and Daniel L. Marchand, 41, both of Omak, were all injured and transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, court records show. She was wearing a seatbelt, but her passengers were not.
Last April, Marchand pleaded guilty to both vehicular assault and vehicular homicide, court records show.
During sentencing Tuesday, Marchand was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison and a year and a half of community custody.
She faces a restitution hearing Dec. 17 at the courthouse, 149 Third Ave. N.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE