Thursday, November 21, 2013
OKANOGAN An area woman is facing more than eight years in prison after being sentenced Tuesday in a two-year-old vehicular homicide case in Okanogan County Superior Court.
Shanie R. Marchand, 34, of Omak, was sentenced for the drunken driving crash that killed Omak resident Lyle D. Edwards on Nov. 4, 2011.
Edwards was pronounced dead at the scene 14 miles east of Omak, court records show. He was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Marchand and her passengers Georgina J. Dangeli, 39, and Daniel L. Marchand, 41, both of Omak, were all injured and transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, court records show. She was wearing a seatbelt, but her passengers were not.
Last April, Marchand pleaded guilty to both vehicular assault and vehicular homicide, court records show.
During sentencing Tuesday, Marchand was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison and a year and a half of community custody.
She faces a restitution hearing Dec. 17 at the courthouse, 149 Third Ave. N.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge