Thursday, November 21, 2013
OKANOGAN An area woman is facing more than eight years in prison after being sentenced Tuesday in a two-year-old vehicular homicide case in Okanogan County Superior Court.
Shanie R. Marchand, 34, of Omak, was sentenced for the drunken driving crash that killed Omak resident Lyle D. Edwards on Nov. 4, 2011.
Edwards was pronounced dead at the scene 14 miles east of Omak, court records show. He was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash.
Marchand and her passengers Georgina J. Dangeli, 39, and Daniel L. Marchand, 41, both of Omak, were all injured and transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, court records show. She was wearing a seatbelt, but her passengers were not.
Last April, Marchand pleaded guilty to both vehicular assault and vehicular homicide, court records show.
During sentencing Tuesday, Marchand was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison and a year and a half of community custody.
She faces a restitution hearing Dec. 17 at the courthouse, 149 Third Ave. N.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision