Wednesday, November 20, 2013
WENATCHEE Several teachers in Okanogan County have received classroom grants from the North Central Educational Service District Foundation.
Forty-one teachers from four counties — Chelan, Douglas, Grant and Okanogan — were presented with grant awards for literacy, science, technology engineering and math, culinary arts, fine arts and post-secondary education.
In addition, six grant applications that weren’t selected were “adopted” by service district staff and individuals who attended a teacher grant reception in Wenatchee.
Local grant recipients are:
Literacy — Tirzah Quigley, Methow Valley Elementary.
Science, technology, engineering and math — Patricia Dagnon, Oroville Elementary; Kelley Lattimer, Bridgeport Elementary; Melody Pecha and Nancy Ridenour, Omak High School; Eric Schmidt, Bridgeport High School; Barry Stromberger and Bob Wilson, Liberty Bell High School.
Music/fine arts — Tabitha Brownfield, Bridgeport Elementary; Chelsea Freeman and Annie Wilkison, Tonasket Alternative; Eric Stiles, Oroville Elementary and Oroville Junior-Senior High.
Post-secondary education — Maureen Foley-Bensen, Omak Alternative High School.
Reception grants — Terri Zahn, Bridgeport Middle School; Pamela Johnson, Grand Coulee Dam Middle School.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON