Wednesday, November 20, 2013
WENATCHEE Several teachers in Okanogan County have received classroom grants from the North Central Educational Service District Foundation.
Forty-one teachers from four counties — Chelan, Douglas, Grant and Okanogan — were presented with grant awards for literacy, science, technology engineering and math, culinary arts, fine arts and post-secondary education.
In addition, six grant applications that weren’t selected were “adopted” by service district staff and individuals who attended a teacher grant reception in Wenatchee.
Local grant recipients are:
Literacy — Tirzah Quigley, Methow Valley Elementary.
Science, technology, engineering and math — Patricia Dagnon, Oroville Elementary; Kelley Lattimer, Bridgeport Elementary; Melody Pecha and Nancy Ridenour, Omak High School; Eric Schmidt, Bridgeport High School; Barry Stromberger and Bob Wilson, Liberty Bell High School.
Music/fine arts — Tabitha Brownfield, Bridgeport Elementary; Chelsea Freeman and Annie Wilkison, Tonasket Alternative; Eric Stiles, Oroville Elementary and Oroville Junior-Senior High.
Post-secondary education — Maureen Foley-Bensen, Omak Alternative High School.
Reception grants — Terri Zahn, Bridgeport Middle School; Pamela Johnson, Grand Coulee Dam Middle School.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge