Wednesday, November 20, 2013
BRIDGEPORT The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in finding an 81-year-old resident who left his home more than a week ago and hasn’t returned since.
Gordon Benjamin Beadell was last seen Nov. 11 driving a red 1998 Buick Skylark with a Washington state license plate reading 91344DP.
Beadell, who has dementia and diabetes, is listed as an endangered missing person on state and national databases, and other law enforcement agencies have been notified to keep an eye out.
A friend reported him missing at 8 a.m. Tuesday from the 700 block of Fairview Avenue, Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said.
Beadell had told the friend he was going to Walmart in Chelan at about 5 p.m. the day before, but had not returned. The friend expressed concern because Beadell left without his insulin medication, Gjesdal said.
Anyone with information on Beadell’s whereabouts is urged to call 911 immediately.
Another man suffering from dementia, Alzheimer’s patient Peter B. Greene, 81, went missing Jan. 2, 2012, after walking away from Apple Springs Senior Living, 1001 Senna St., Omak.
He has not been located, nor have there been any clues to his whereabouts, the Omak Police Department said Nov. 15.
Greene had lived most of his life in Southern California and moved to Omak in March 2011.
At the time of his disappearance, police scoured the area around Apple Springs, but also said it’s possible Greene may have been picked up along U.S. Highway 97 and might have been trying to return to California, or possibly to Colorado or Texas, where he has family.
A “Friends of Peter B. Greene, Missing Person with Alzheimer’s” Facebook page has been set up at www.facebook.com/Friendsof
More like this story
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge