Wednesday, November 20, 2013
EAST WENATCHEE The Omak bowling team moved into first place with a strong showing Sunday in the Central Washington Travel League.
The high school bowlers, led by the 603 series of Vanessa VanderWeide, finished with 33.5 points during competition at Eastmont Lanes, coach Dale Dunckel said.
VanderWeide had high single game for the team at 235.
Anthony Lewis rolled a 224 high game to go with a 587 series.
Others on the team included Chase Miranda (191, 530), Drew Autry (165, 494) and Jayden Johnson (158, 450).
Standings: 1, Omak 56. 2, Wenatchee 53. 3-4, Moses Lake No. 1 and Eastmont 39 each. 5, Moses Lake No. 2 33.
In the Junior Varsity League, which also competed Sunday at Eastmont Lanes, the Omak No. 1 team won 22 points and the Omak No. 2 earned 1 point.
High single game and series for junior varsity bowlers included Joshua Fleming (166, 450), Jason Jones (183, 402), Jovan Mercado (151, 391), Jazz Johnson (132, 362), Carlie Reddington (128, 360), Jacob Fletcher (112, 338), Maesun Matt (110, 291) and Matthew Miller (97, 275).
The teams compete again this Sunday in Moses Lake.
More like this story
- Communities scare up tricks, treats
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge