Wednesday, November 20, 2013
YAKIMA The Bridgeport volleyball team lost its first two games in the state 2B volleyball tournament Friday and was eliminated early.
In their first state tournament run in years, the Fillies ran into powerful serving from Toutle Lake and Tri-Cities Prep.
“All season, you just want to get here,” coach Hanna Coffman said after her team was eliminated. “But once you’re here, you want to compete.”
Tri-Cities Prep kept the Fillies on the ropes in Bridgeport’s final game of the year, with the Jaguars taking the sets 25-12, 25-11 and 25-17.
In the opening game Friday morning, Toutle Lake knocked Bridgeport into the consolation, loser-out bracket 25-4, 25-16 and 25-17.
Bridgeport has eight seniors that won’t be returning next year, including Diocelina Torres, Juana Perez, Samantha Velasco, Marge Chapa, Maya Martinez, Ana Trejo, Courtney Austin and Leticia Lopez.
Complete coverage of Bridgeport’s state play was published in the Sunday edition of The Chronicle .
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge