Wednesday, November 20, 2013
YAKIMA The Bridgeport volleyball team lost its first two games in the state 2B volleyball tournament Friday and was eliminated early.
In their first state tournament run in years, the Fillies ran into powerful serving from Toutle Lake and Tri-Cities Prep.
“All season, you just want to get here,” coach Hanna Coffman said after her team was eliminated. “But once you’re here, you want to compete.”
Tri-Cities Prep kept the Fillies on the ropes in Bridgeport’s final game of the year, with the Jaguars taking the sets 25-12, 25-11 and 25-17.
In the opening game Friday morning, Toutle Lake knocked Bridgeport into the consolation, loser-out bracket 25-4, 25-16 and 25-17.
Bridgeport has eight seniors that won’t be returning next year, including Diocelina Torres, Juana Perez, Samantha Velasco, Marge Chapa, Maya Martinez, Ana Trejo, Courtney Austin and Leticia Lopez.
Complete coverage of Bridgeport’s state play was published in the Sunday edition of The Chronicle .
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge