Wednesday, November 20, 2013
YAKIMA The Bridgeport volleyball team lost its first two games in the state 2B volleyball tournament Friday and was eliminated early.
In their first state tournament run in years, the Fillies ran into powerful serving from Toutle Lake and Tri-Cities Prep.
“All season, you just want to get here,” coach Hanna Coffman said after her team was eliminated. “But once you’re here, you want to compete.”
Tri-Cities Prep kept the Fillies on the ropes in Bridgeport’s final game of the year, with the Jaguars taking the sets 25-12, 25-11 and 25-17.
In the opening game Friday morning, Toutle Lake knocked Bridgeport into the consolation, loser-out bracket 25-4, 25-16 and 25-17.
Bridgeport has eight seniors that won’t be returning next year, including Diocelina Torres, Juana Perez, Samantha Velasco, Marge Chapa, Maya Martinez, Ana Trejo, Courtney Austin and Leticia Lopez.
Complete coverage of Bridgeport’s state play was published in the Sunday edition of The Chronicle .
More like this story
- Two injured in Wilbur crash
- Fired hatchery employees can contest terminations
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18