Wednesday, November 20, 2013
YAKIMA The Bridgeport volleyball team lost its first two games in the state 2B volleyball tournament Friday and was eliminated early.
In their first state tournament run in years, the Fillies ran into powerful serving from Toutle Lake and Tri-Cities Prep.
“All season, you just want to get here,” coach Hanna Coffman said after her team was eliminated. “But once you’re here, you want to compete.”
Tri-Cities Prep kept the Fillies on the ropes in Bridgeport’s final game of the year, with the Jaguars taking the sets 25-12, 25-11 and 25-17.
In the opening game Friday morning, Toutle Lake knocked Bridgeport into the consolation, loser-out bracket 25-4, 25-16 and 25-17.
Bridgeport has eight seniors that won’t be returning next year, including Diocelina Torres, Juana Perez, Samantha Velasco, Marge Chapa, Maya Martinez, Ana Trejo, Courtney Austin and Leticia Lopez.
Complete coverage of Bridgeport’s state play was published in the Sunday edition of The Chronicle .
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge