Wednesday, November 20, 2013
(2013-614 Nov. 20)
Code Amendment 2013-2 Okanogan County is amending OCC Title 17 “Zoning” in order to identify permit requirements for marijuana operations. A Conditional Use Permit (OCC 17.33) would be required for all marijuana operations and could be approved only for property zoned “Minimum Requirement” and “Methow Review District”. Comments regarding this legislative action must be submitted in writing or attend the public hearing. The Okanogan County Planning Commission scheduled a public hearing on November 25, 2013 at 7:00pm. The hearing is located in the Virginia Grainger Commissioners Hearing Room at 123 5th Ave North, Okanogan, WA 98840. According to Washington State Environmental Policy Act regulations, Okanogan County Planning and Development issued a final determination of non-significance (DNS). This decision may be appealed in accordance with OCC 14.04.220. Appeals must be made in writing to the Board of Okanogan County Commissioners, 123 5th Ave N Ste. 150, Okanogan, WA 98840. Appeals must be submitted or postmarked by 5:00 p.m. on December 5, 2013. Appeals shall state with specificity the elements of the environmental checklist and resulting determination the appellant finds objectionable and shall state the reason therefore. Appeals must include the $300.00 appeal fee. Failure to file a timely and complete appeal shall constitute waiver of all rights to an administrative appeal under county code. Information is available at the Office of Planning and Development. Direct questions and comments to: Ben Rough, Senior Planner, Okanogan County Office of Planning & Development, 123 5th Ave. N, Suite 130, Okanogan, WA 98840, (509) 422-7122.
Published by the Omak-Okanogan County Chronicle.
More like this story
- (2013-583 Nov. 6) Marijuana Operations Code Amendment 2013-2
- (2013-619 Nov. 27) Legal Notice Marijuana Operations Code Amendment 2013-2
- (2013-570 Oct. 30) Marijuana Operations Code Amendment 2013-2 Okanogan County is amending OCC Title 17 “Zoning”
- 800 (2014-614 Nov.19)
- (2014-091 Feb. 12) Planned Development Lot Size Code Amendment 2014-2
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan