Tuesday, November 19, 2013
CHESAW Two local men have been arrested in connection with the September shooting death of Hoquiam hunter Michael R. Carrigan.
Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, and John Wayne Jennings, 57, were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree murder, Undersheriff Joe Somday said.
Adam Jennings also was arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm, Somday said. His father was arrested on suspicion of delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person.
Both live on Pontiac Ridge Road about six miles from Chesaw.
They were booked into the county jail.
Carrigan, 52, died Sept. 2 during a hunting trip. His hunting partner, Gig Harbor resident George R. Stover, 65, told deputies they had been hunting grouse and Carrigan got out of the vehicle to shoot at a grouse.
Stover heard a shot and saw Carrigan with blood on him and then saw him fall to the ground, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy determined he died of a gunshot wound to the back.
As of mid-afternoon Tuesday, law enforcement officers were still on the scene executing a search warrant on the Jennings property and home, Somday said.
Due to the ongoing investigation, the Sheriff's Office is withholding further information.
Carrigan’s death was the fifth homicide in the county in 2013.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge