Tuesday, November 19, 2013
CHESAW Two local men have been arrested in connection with the September shooting death of Hoquiam hunter Michael R. Carrigan.
Adam Shaun Jennings, 27, and John Wayne Jennings, 57, were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of first-degree murder, Undersheriff Joe Somday said.
Adam Jennings also was arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm, Somday said. His father was arrested on suspicion of delivery of a firearm to an ineligible person.
Both live on Pontiac Ridge Road about six miles from Chesaw.
They were booked into the county jail.
Carrigan, 52, died Sept. 2 during a hunting trip. His hunting partner, Gig Harbor resident George R. Stover, 65, told deputies they had been hunting grouse and Carrigan got out of the vehicle to shoot at a grouse.
Stover heard a shot and saw Carrigan with blood on him and then saw him fall to the ground, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
An autopsy determined he died of a gunshot wound to the back.
As of mid-afternoon Tuesday, law enforcement officers were still on the scene executing a search warrant on the Jennings property and home, Somday said.
Due to the ongoing investigation, the Sheriff's Office is withholding further information.
Carrigan’s death was the fifth homicide in the county in 2013.
More like this story
- One dead after morning apartment fire
- Bear captured in Oroville yard
- Students compete at state
- Rattlesnake season begins
- Flash flood warning issued
- May Fest parade results announced
- Fastpitch tournament moves games to Friday
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 800 (2016-205 May 18) Public Hearing Notice CDBG Public Services
- 800 (2016-206 May 18) Public Hearing CDBG Housing Rehab
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge