Friday, November 15, 2013
REPUBLIC A winter weather advisory is in effect for parts of North-Central Washington, including the Okanogan Highlands and the Kettle Range.
A winter storm is expected to bring snowfall to Republic, Wauconda, Chesaw and Sherman Pass, according to the National Weather Service.
At first, the snow will have trouble accumulating in the valleys except on grassy surfaces, the Weather Service said.
“However, colder temperatures tonight and Saturday will bring a better chance of accumulating snow," the Weather Service said. "The snow will readily accumulate over the mountains of Eastern Washington and North Idaho.”
Accumulations of 2-5 inches in the valleys and 6-12 inches in the mountains are expected, meteorologists said.
The winter weather advisory remains in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday above 2,000 feet.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS