Friday, November 15, 2013
REPUBLIC A winter weather advisory is in effect for parts of North-Central Washington, including the Okanogan Highlands and the Kettle Range.
A winter storm is expected to bring snowfall to Republic, Wauconda, Chesaw and Sherman Pass, according to the National Weather Service.
At first, the snow will have trouble accumulating in the valleys except on grassy surfaces, the Weather Service said.
“However, colder temperatures tonight and Saturday will bring a better chance of accumulating snow," the Weather Service said. "The snow will readily accumulate over the mountains of Eastern Washington and North Idaho.”
Accumulations of 2-5 inches in the valleys and 6-12 inches in the mountains are expected, meteorologists said.
The winter weather advisory remains in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday above 2,000 feet.
More like this story
- Merc welcomes author Armstrong
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments