Friday, November 15, 2013
REPUBLIC A winter weather advisory is in effect for parts of North-Central Washington, including the Okanogan Highlands and the Kettle Range.
A winter storm is expected to bring snowfall to Republic, Wauconda, Chesaw and Sherman Pass, according to the National Weather Service.
At first, the snow will have trouble accumulating in the valleys except on grassy surfaces, the Weather Service said.
“However, colder temperatures tonight and Saturday will bring a better chance of accumulating snow," the Weather Service said. "The snow will readily accumulate over the mountains of Eastern Washington and North Idaho.”
Accumulations of 2-5 inches in the valleys and 6-12 inches in the mountains are expected, meteorologists said.
The winter weather advisory remains in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday above 2,000 feet.
More like this story
- Santa Claus plans stop in Conconully
- Malott Grange plans Santa party
- Oroville tree lighting set tomorrow
- Shoppers have choice of several bazaars
- Tonasket gears up for Winterfest
- Mid-Valley Hospital CEO search begins
- Get Lit celebration planned tonight
- Rallying for love, showing support
- Fire guts North Country Pub
- 810 (2016-425 Nov. 30) STREET CLOSURE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge