Friday, November 15, 2013
REPUBLIC A winter weather advisory is in effect for parts of North-Central Washington, including the Okanogan Highlands and the Kettle Range.
A winter storm is expected to bring snowfall to Republic, Wauconda, Chesaw and Sherman Pass, according to the National Weather Service.
At first, the snow will have trouble accumulating in the valleys except on grassy surfaces, the Weather Service said.
“However, colder temperatures tonight and Saturday will bring a better chance of accumulating snow," the Weather Service said. "The snow will readily accumulate over the mountains of Eastern Washington and North Idaho.”
Accumulations of 2-5 inches in the valleys and 6-12 inches in the mountains are expected, meteorologists said.
The winter weather advisory remains in effect until 4 p.m. Saturday above 2,000 feet.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge