Friday, November 15, 2013
YAKIMA The Christian Faith Eagles ended Pateros’ perfect season and avenged last year’s elimination Friday night, sweeping the Nannies, 3-0, at the state 1B volleyball tournament in the SunDome.
The Eagles took the series 28-26, 27-25 and 25-19.
“It was a great battle,” Pateros coach Gene Dowers said after his girls suffered their first lost of the year and dropped to the consolation round. “It doesn’t get much better than that.”
Pateros had an opportunity to win the first two sets, but squandered three set points in the first set and four in the second, opening the door for the Eagles’ come-from-behind wins.
Last year, Pateros eliminated Faith Christian from the state tournament.
Faith Christian coach Stephanie Pond said her girls had been training for set-point deficits.
“It was a tough win,” she said of the games. “But we practiced that scenario all the time.”
Pond called Pateros a “scrappy” team with a lot of heart.
“They never gave up,” she said. “You can tell their coach really invests a lot in them.”
Christian Faith advances to the semi-finals where they will face Pomeroy, which survived the quarter-finals with a 3-1 win over Wilbur-Creston.
“We’re going to have to step it up,” Pond said of her team’s bid to advance to the title game.
Pateros will play a loser-out game with Wilbur-Creston. That game is at 11 a.m. on Court 4, with the victor advancing to play Almira/Coulee-Hartline or Shoreline Christian for fifth place.
With Saturday night's loss, Pateros now has a 17-1 record.
ACH remained alive in state play Saturday evening after losing, 3-1, to Mount Vernon Christian.
“Tomorrow will be tougher than today,” Dowers said, noting the Nannies would have a team meeting before calling it a night. “Then, we’re going to get some rest.”
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge