Friday, November 15, 2013
YAKIMA The Bridgeport Fillies were no match for a powerful Toutle Lake volleyball squad, falling 3-0 in the opening round of the state tournament in the SunDome.
"They're a really good hitting team," Bridgeport coach Hanna Coffman said Friday after her girls dropped the third set. "I think we were just a little bit overwhelmed."
Bridgeport will play a loser-out game at 3:15 p.m. today against Tri-Cities Prep, which fell in the first round to LaConner.
Coffman said the Fillies improved in each of the three sets.
"Our blocking really caught on," she said. "If we can just carry our momentum into the next round."
Senior Diocelina Torres received the sportsmanship award for the Fillies.
In her first appearance at a state event, she said she was "excited" despite the loss.
"I think it went pretty well," she said. "We knew they were a tough team."
Appearing before thousands of volleyball fans made the competition more intense, she said.
"We just needed to get the hang of it," she said.
In other North-Central Washington volleyball action at state, Almira/Coulee-Hartline held on to edge Sunnyside Christian, 3-2, in the Warriors' state-opener.
At 1:30 p.m., the undefeated Pateros Nannies will take on Quilcene, which finished third in its league on the North-Olympic Peninsula and fifth in its region to reach state.
More like this story
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING