Thursday, November 14, 2013
OMAK A world-renowned author stopped in Omak to give a presentation to local middle school students on the power of reading.
Jack Gantos, author of “Rotten Ralph” and more than two dozen other books, promoted public libraries and the importance of writing Nov. 5 at the Omak Performing Arts Center, 20 S. Cedar St.
Gantos’ presentation was part of the North Central Regional Library’s “Promoting Reading and Lifelong Learning” mission. The one-hour event included sharing a number of pictures and drawings from his childhood, details about his writing process and encouraging students to write something every day.
At the end of the presentation, he spent a few minutes answering questions that students had written down ahead of time.
Gantos published his first novel, “Rotten Ralph,” in 1976 and has won numerous awards throughout his career, which has included books written for people of all ages.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision