Thursday, November 14, 2013
PATEROS The mayoral race remains deadlocked after county elections officials counted the final 300 ballots Wednesday.
Incumbent Gail Howe and write-in candidate Liberty Harrison still have 71 votes each after the Okanogan County Auditor’s Office updated its tally.
However, certified election administrator Mila Jury said one of the candidates may still pull ahead before general election results are certified Nov. 26.
“The Canvass Board will meet on Friday and go over ballots that have signature issues, etc. We may have a few more to count but I don’t know in what areas,” she said.
If is still tied by Nov. 26, the Canvass Board will set a date and time to recount the ballots by hand, Jury said.
“If it is still a tie, the winner will be determined by lot. We usually flip a coin.”
In two other close mayoral races in Okanogan County, Elmer City challenger Gail Morin is still one vote ahead of incumbent Mary Jo Carey, 43-42, and Brewster Mayor Lee Webster is 10 votes ahead of David Smith Jr., 104-94.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge