Thursday, November 14, 2013
PATEROS The mayoral race remains deadlocked after county elections officials counted the final 300 ballots Wednesday.
Incumbent Gail Howe and write-in candidate Liberty Harrison still have 71 votes each after the Okanogan County Auditor’s Office updated its tally.
However, certified election administrator Mila Jury said one of the candidates may still pull ahead before general election results are certified Nov. 26.
“The Canvass Board will meet on Friday and go over ballots that have signature issues, etc. We may have a few more to count but I don’t know in what areas,” she said.
If is still tied by Nov. 26, the Canvass Board will set a date and time to recount the ballots by hand, Jury said.
“If it is still a tie, the winner will be determined by lot. We usually flip a coin.”
In two other close mayoral races in Okanogan County, Elmer City challenger Gail Morin is still one vote ahead of incumbent Mary Jo Carey, 43-42, and Brewster Mayor Lee Webster is 10 votes ahead of David Smith Jr., 104-94.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE