Thursday, November 14, 2013
PATEROS The mayoral race remains deadlocked after county elections officials counted the final 300 ballots Wednesday.
Incumbent Gail Howe and write-in candidate Liberty Harrison still have 71 votes each after the Okanogan County Auditor’s Office updated its tally.
However, certified election administrator Mila Jury said one of the candidates may still pull ahead before general election results are certified Nov. 26.
“The Canvass Board will meet on Friday and go over ballots that have signature issues, etc. We may have a few more to count but I don’t know in what areas,” she said.
If is still tied by Nov. 26, the Canvass Board will set a date and time to recount the ballots by hand, Jury said.
“If it is still a tie, the winner will be determined by lot. We usually flip a coin.”
In two other close mayoral races in Okanogan County, Elmer City challenger Gail Morin is still one vote ahead of incumbent Mary Jo Carey, 43-42, and Brewster Mayor Lee Webster is 10 votes ahead of David Smith Jr., 104-94.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge