Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OROVILLE Six people, including two children, were injured Friday in a two-vehicle, one pedestrian crash five miles south of town on U.S. Highway 97.
The Washington State Patrol said alcohol or drugs were involved and driving under the influence charges are pending for both drivers.
A sport-utility vehicle driven by Mary E. Smith-Capote, 44, was southbound at 3:10 p.m. when she attempted to turn left onto Wards Road in front of a pickup truck driven by Brian L. Mathis, 27, who was northbound, the patrol said.
Both drivers are from Oroville.
Meanwhile, Oroville resident Colton J. Naclerio, 21, and another person were walking on Wards Road near the stop sign.
Naclerio shoved the other pedestrian clear, but Naclerio was hit by one of the vehicles.
The other pedestrian was not identified by Washington State Patrol.
Smith-Capote, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was taken by ambulance to North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Naclerio also was taken to North Valley by ambulance.
Mathis, who was wearing a seatbelt, was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak by a state trooper.
Three passengers, all in Mathis’ vehicle, were injured.
Bianca V. Carrera, 19, and Brisa Mathis, 8 months, were taken to North Valley Hospital by ambulance.
Both were wearing seatbelts.
Exander J. Carrera, 4, was taken first to North Valley and then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
All three are from Oroville.
Both vehicles were destroyed and were impounded.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge