Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OROVILLE Six people, including two children, were injured Friday in a two-vehicle, one pedestrian crash five miles south of town on U.S. Highway 97.
The Washington State Patrol said alcohol or drugs were involved and driving under the influence charges are pending for both drivers.
A sport-utility vehicle driven by Mary E. Smith-Capote, 44, was southbound at 3:10 p.m. when she attempted to turn left onto Wards Road in front of a pickup truck driven by Brian L. Mathis, 27, who was northbound, the patrol said.
Both drivers are from Oroville.
Meanwhile, Oroville resident Colton J. Naclerio, 21, and another person were walking on Wards Road near the stop sign.
Naclerio shoved the other pedestrian clear, but Naclerio was hit by one of the vehicles.
The other pedestrian was not identified by Washington State Patrol.
Smith-Capote, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was taken by ambulance to North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Naclerio also was taken to North Valley by ambulance.
Mathis, who was wearing a seatbelt, was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak by a state trooper.
Three passengers, all in Mathis’ vehicle, were injured.
Bianca V. Carrera, 19, and Brisa Mathis, 8 months, were taken to North Valley Hospital by ambulance.
Both were wearing seatbelts.
Exander J. Carrera, 4, was taken first to North Valley and then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
All three are from Oroville.
Both vehicles were destroyed and were impounded.
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge