Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OROVILLE Six people, including two children, were injured Friday in a two-vehicle, one pedestrian crash five miles south of town on U.S. Highway 97.
The Washington State Patrol said alcohol or drugs were involved and driving under the influence charges are pending for both drivers.
A sport-utility vehicle driven by Mary E. Smith-Capote, 44, was southbound at 3:10 p.m. when she attempted to turn left onto Wards Road in front of a pickup truck driven by Brian L. Mathis, 27, who was northbound, the patrol said.
Both drivers are from Oroville.
Meanwhile, Oroville resident Colton J. Naclerio, 21, and another person were walking on Wards Road near the stop sign.
Naclerio shoved the other pedestrian clear, but Naclerio was hit by one of the vehicles.
The other pedestrian was not identified by Washington State Patrol.
Smith-Capote, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was taken by ambulance to North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
Naclerio also was taken to North Valley by ambulance.
Mathis, who was wearing a seatbelt, was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital in Omak by a state trooper.
Three passengers, all in Mathis’ vehicle, were injured.
Bianca V. Carrera, 19, and Brisa Mathis, 8 months, were taken to North Valley Hospital by ambulance.
Both were wearing seatbelts.
Exander J. Carrera, 4, was taken first to North Valley and then airlifted to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
All three are from Oroville.
Both vehicles were destroyed and were impounded.
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge