Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OMAK Tiffany Mannikko will be crowned Miss Omak Stampede during the organization’s annual banquet Saturday.
A social hour is at 5 p.m. at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St. Dinner will be at 6 p.m.
Admission will be charged. Annual memberships will be for sale.
Elections are planned for Stampede Associate Board members and Friends of Stampede. In addition, board member Cindy Berg is up for re-election.
Mannikko, 18, was named Oct. 10 to succeed 2013 Queen Breanna Howell of Tonasket.
She will give a speech, outgoing Royalty Director Millie Gann said.
Royalty Director Jeff Demmitt and Gann both praised Mannikko and said she’s very qualified to represent the rodeo during its 81st year.
Becoming Miss Omak Stampede has been a longtime dream and will serve “as a stepping stone in life for me,” Mannikko said. “I dream of being the best that I can be.”
Mannikko is a student in the Okanogan School District alternative program. She plans to attend college at Wenatchee Valley College and Gonzaga University, with the goal of becoming a lawyer.
She enjoys barrel racing with Boots and Saddles Barrel Racing Club and the Wallis Arena buckle series, and was Okanogan County Junior Rodeo princess in 2008, when Jonnie Crossland was queen. Crossland later became Miss Omak Stampede.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge