Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OMAK Tiffany Mannikko will be crowned Miss Omak Stampede during the organization’s annual banquet Saturday.
A social hour is at 5 p.m. at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St. Dinner will be at 6 p.m.
Admission will be charged. Annual memberships will be for sale.
Elections are planned for Stampede Associate Board members and Friends of Stampede. In addition, board member Cindy Berg is up for re-election.
Mannikko, 18, was named Oct. 10 to succeed 2013 Queen Breanna Howell of Tonasket.
She will give a speech, outgoing Royalty Director Millie Gann said.
Royalty Director Jeff Demmitt and Gann both praised Mannikko and said she’s very qualified to represent the rodeo during its 81st year.
Becoming Miss Omak Stampede has been a longtime dream and will serve “as a stepping stone in life for me,” Mannikko said. “I dream of being the best that I can be.”
Mannikko is a student in the Okanogan School District alternative program. She plans to attend college at Wenatchee Valley College and Gonzaga University, with the goal of becoming a lawyer.
She enjoys barrel racing with Boots and Saddles Barrel Racing Club and the Wallis Arena buckle series, and was Okanogan County Junior Rodeo princess in 2008, when Jonnie Crossland was queen. Crossland later became Miss Omak Stampede.
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall TuesdayMAZAMA — In experienced climber died after a fall while climbing on Goat Wall on Tuesday.
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pondWARDEN - A College Place man escaped injury Tuesday night, May 3, when his private plane crashed while en route ...
- Hazardous weather outlook issuedThe Spokane office of the National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook calling for scattered thunderstorms and heavy ...
More like this story
- Climber dies after fall at Goat Wall Tuesday
- Pilot escapes injury after crashing into pond
- Hazardous weather outlook issued
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge