Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OMAK Tiffany Mannikko will be crowned Miss Omak Stampede during the organization’s annual banquet Saturday.
A social hour is at 5 p.m. at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St. Dinner will be at 6 p.m.
Admission will be charged. Annual memberships will be for sale.
Elections are planned for Stampede Associate Board members and Friends of Stampede. In addition, board member Cindy Berg is up for re-election.
Mannikko, 18, was named Oct. 10 to succeed 2013 Queen Breanna Howell of Tonasket.
She will give a speech, outgoing Royalty Director Millie Gann said.
Royalty Director Jeff Demmitt and Gann both praised Mannikko and said she’s very qualified to represent the rodeo during its 81st year.
Becoming Miss Omak Stampede has been a longtime dream and will serve “as a stepping stone in life for me,” Mannikko said. “I dream of being the best that I can be.”
Mannikko is a student in the Okanogan School District alternative program. She plans to attend college at Wenatchee Valley College and Gonzaga University, with the goal of becoming a lawyer.
She enjoys barrel racing with Boots and Saddles Barrel Racing Club and the Wallis Arena buckle series, and was Okanogan County Junior Rodeo princess in 2008, when Jonnie Crossland was queen. Crossland later became Miss Omak Stampede.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge