Wednesday, November 13, 2013
OMAK Tiffany Mannikko will be crowned Miss Omak Stampede during the organization’s annual banquet Saturday.
A social hour is at 5 p.m. at the Omak Elks Lodge, 110 S. Ash St. Dinner will be at 6 p.m.
Admission will be charged. Annual memberships will be for sale.
Elections are planned for Stampede Associate Board members and Friends of Stampede. In addition, board member Cindy Berg is up for re-election.
Mannikko, 18, was named Oct. 10 to succeed 2013 Queen Breanna Howell of Tonasket.
She will give a speech, outgoing Royalty Director Millie Gann said.
Royalty Director Jeff Demmitt and Gann both praised Mannikko and said she’s very qualified to represent the rodeo during its 81st year.
Becoming Miss Omak Stampede has been a longtime dream and will serve “as a stepping stone in life for me,” Mannikko said. “I dream of being the best that I can be.”
Mannikko is a student in the Okanogan School District alternative program. She plans to attend college at Wenatchee Valley College and Gonzaga University, with the goal of becoming a lawyer.
She enjoys barrel racing with Boots and Saddles Barrel Racing Club and the Wallis Arena buckle series, and was Okanogan County Junior Rodeo princess in 2008, when Jonnie Crossland was queen. Crossland later became Miss Omak Stampede.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge