Wednesday, November 13, 2013
BRIDGEPORT The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information on a theft, burglary and break-in, all reported late last week.
One person reported $500 worth of beaver traps had been stolen from the riverfront in the Bridgeport Bar area, Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. The thefts occurred sometime between last Tuesday and Saturday.
Gjesdal said the traps are marked with the word “Flowers” and the owner’s fish and wildlife license number.
At around 12:26 p.m. Nov. 8, another resident on the 100 block of Gun Club Road, near Bridgeport, reported an electric air compressor and vacuum had been stolen from his carport, along with a 32-inch LCD television from inside his house.
That burglary, Gjesdal said, could have occurred between 8 a.m. and noon.
A third resident reported an attempted break-in at her home on the 1700 block of Foster Avenue on Nov. 8. It occurred between 4:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., while the resident was at work.
The responding deputy found that “several windows and screens had been destroyed,” Gjesdal said.
Damage totaled about $750, but it didn’t appear anything had been stolen.
Gjesdal said the sheriff’s office has a reward fund set up for people who call in with tips.
“Anyone with information which leads to the arrest and/or conviction of criminals who victimize our citizens may be eligible for a cash reward,” he said. “We have given out a reward of $200 to one person who provided a tip which led to an arrest this year.”
Also last week, a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy arrested a Mansfield man on a warrant Nov. 9.
Gjesdal said someone reported the man, 44-year-old Scott R. Leborious, was at a residence on the 100 block of Railroad Avenue in Mansfield.
He was booked into Okanogan County Jail on charges of failure to appear for third-degree driving while suspended. Bail was set at $5,000l.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge