Wednesday, November 13, 2013
BRIDGEPORT The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information on a theft, burglary and break-in, all reported late last week.
One person reported $500 worth of beaver traps had been stolen from the riverfront in the Bridgeport Bar area, Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. The thefts occurred sometime between last Tuesday and Saturday.
Gjesdal said the traps are marked with the word “Flowers” and the owner’s fish and wildlife license number.
At around 12:26 p.m. Nov. 8, another resident on the 100 block of Gun Club Road, near Bridgeport, reported an electric air compressor and vacuum had been stolen from his carport, along with a 32-inch LCD television from inside his house.
That burglary, Gjesdal said, could have occurred between 8 a.m. and noon.
A third resident reported an attempted break-in at her home on the 1700 block of Foster Avenue on Nov. 8. It occurred between 4:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., while the resident was at work.
The responding deputy found that “several windows and screens had been destroyed,” Gjesdal said.
Damage totaled about $750, but it didn’t appear anything had been stolen.
Gjesdal said the sheriff’s office has a reward fund set up for people who call in with tips.
“Anyone with information which leads to the arrest and/or conviction of criminals who victimize our citizens may be eligible for a cash reward,” he said. “We have given out a reward of $200 to one person who provided a tip which led to an arrest this year.”
Also last week, a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy arrested a Mansfield man on a warrant Nov. 9.
Gjesdal said someone reported the man, 44-year-old Scott R. Leborious, was at a residence on the 100 block of Railroad Avenue in Mansfield.
He was booked into Okanogan County Jail on charges of failure to appear for third-degree driving while suspended. Bail was set at $5,000l.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision