Wednesday, November 13, 2013
BRIDGEPORT The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is seeking information on a theft, burglary and break-in, all reported late last week.
One person reported $500 worth of beaver traps had been stolen from the riverfront in the Bridgeport Bar area, Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said. The thefts occurred sometime between last Tuesday and Saturday.
Gjesdal said the traps are marked with the word “Flowers” and the owner’s fish and wildlife license number.
At around 12:26 p.m. Nov. 8, another resident on the 100 block of Gun Club Road, near Bridgeport, reported an electric air compressor and vacuum had been stolen from his carport, along with a 32-inch LCD television from inside his house.
That burglary, Gjesdal said, could have occurred between 8 a.m. and noon.
A third resident reported an attempted break-in at her home on the 1700 block of Foster Avenue on Nov. 8. It occurred between 4:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., while the resident was at work.
The responding deputy found that “several windows and screens had been destroyed,” Gjesdal said.
Damage totaled about $750, but it didn’t appear anything had been stolen.
Gjesdal said the sheriff’s office has a reward fund set up for people who call in with tips.
“Anyone with information which leads to the arrest and/or conviction of criminals who victimize our citizens may be eligible for a cash reward,” he said. “We have given out a reward of $200 to one person who provided a tip which led to an arrest this year.”
Also last week, a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy arrested a Mansfield man on a warrant Nov. 9.
Gjesdal said someone reported the man, 44-year-old Scott R. Leborious, was at a residence on the 100 block of Railroad Avenue in Mansfield.
He was booked into Okanogan County Jail on charges of failure to appear for third-degree driving while suspended. Bail was set at $5,000l.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON