Wednesday, November 13, 2013
ROCK ISLAND A Cashmere man was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly threatening a truck driver.
Antonio Zamudio, 21, is in the Chelan County jail today facing potential charges of displaying a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of firearms and possession of stolen property.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Zamudio allegedly brandished a handgun and threatened a driver stopped at B.J.'s truck stop, 100 Rock Island Road, at about 9:29 p.m.
The threat followed the truck driver asking Zamudio to dim his headlights in the parking lot, Undersheriff Don E. Culp reported. After threatening the driver Zamudio left the area eastbound on state Highway 28 in a Toyota Tundra towing a trailer.
Investigating deputies spotted Zamudio's pickup a few minutes later near the intersection of Batterman Road and initiated a traffic stop, Culp said. During the stop, deputies could see a handgun and shotgun on the rear floorboard of the truck.
The truck driver who had been threatened and a witness to the incident were brought to the traffic stop location, where they identified Zamudio as the assailant, Culp said.
Zamudio was arrested at the scene.
Investigating deputies also determined the trailer being pulled by Zamudio was previously reported stolen from Laurel, Mont.
The Tundra and trailer were impounded pending a search warrant for them.
A passenger in Zamudio's vehicle was also arrested on an outstanding child support warrant from Chelan County.
Details on that arrest were not released, although Culp said that man was not involved in the confrontation at the truck stop.
More like this story
- State changes Chinook rule
- Diamond fire grows to 350 acres
- Grand opening planned for Tonasket swimming pool
- Commissioners modify pot moratorium
- Tonasket man hurt in crash
- Crews continue mopping up Bissell fire
- Highway 21 reopens
- 820 (2017-166 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-170 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-182 July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR