Wednesday, November 13, 2013
ROCK ISLAND A Cashmere man was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly threatening a truck driver.
Antonio Zamudio, 21, is in the Chelan County jail today facing potential charges of displaying a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of firearms and possession of stolen property.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Zamudio allegedly brandished a handgun and threatened a driver stopped at B.J.'s truck stop, 100 Rock Island Road, at about 9:29 p.m.
The threat followed the truck driver asking Zamudio to dim his headlights in the parking lot, Undersheriff Don E. Culp reported. After threatening the driver Zamudio left the area eastbound on state Highway 28 in a Toyota Tundra towing a trailer.
Investigating deputies spotted Zamudio's pickup a few minutes later near the intersection of Batterman Road and initiated a traffic stop, Culp said. During the stop, deputies could see a handgun and shotgun on the rear floorboard of the truck.
The truck driver who had been threatened and a witness to the incident were brought to the traffic stop location, where they identified Zamudio as the assailant, Culp said.
Zamudio was arrested at the scene.
Investigating deputies also determined the trailer being pulled by Zamudio was previously reported stolen from Laurel, Mont.
The Tundra and trailer were impounded pending a search warrant for them.
A passenger in Zamudio's vehicle was also arrested on an outstanding child support warrant from Chelan County.
Details on that arrest were not released, although Culp said that man was not involved in the confrontation at the truck stop.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge