Wednesday, November 13, 2013
ROCK ISLAND A Cashmere man was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly threatening a truck driver.
Antonio Zamudio, 21, is in the Chelan County jail today facing potential charges of displaying a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of firearms and possession of stolen property.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Zamudio allegedly brandished a handgun and threatened a driver stopped at B.J.'s truck stop, 100 Rock Island Road, at about 9:29 p.m.
The threat followed the truck driver asking Zamudio to dim his headlights in the parking lot, Undersheriff Don E. Culp reported. After threatening the driver Zamudio left the area eastbound on state Highway 28 in a Toyota Tundra towing a trailer.
Investigating deputies spotted Zamudio's pickup a few minutes later near the intersection of Batterman Road and initiated a traffic stop, Culp said. During the stop, deputies could see a handgun and shotgun on the rear floorboard of the truck.
The truck driver who had been threatened and a witness to the incident were brought to the traffic stop location, where they identified Zamudio as the assailant, Culp said.
Zamudio was arrested at the scene.
Investigating deputies also determined the trailer being pulled by Zamudio was previously reported stolen from Laurel, Mont.
The Tundra and trailer were impounded pending a search warrant for them.
A passenger in Zamudio's vehicle was also arrested on an outstanding child support warrant from Chelan County.
Details on that arrest were not released, although Culp said that man was not involved in the confrontation at the truck stop.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge