Wednesday, November 13, 2013
ROCK ISLAND A Cashmere man was arrested Tuesday night after allegedly threatening a truck driver.
Antonio Zamudio, 21, is in the Chelan County jail today facing potential charges of displaying a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of firearms and possession of stolen property.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Zamudio allegedly brandished a handgun and threatened a driver stopped at B.J.'s truck stop, 100 Rock Island Road, at about 9:29 p.m.
The threat followed the truck driver asking Zamudio to dim his headlights in the parking lot, Undersheriff Don E. Culp reported. After threatening the driver Zamudio left the area eastbound on state Highway 28 in a Toyota Tundra towing a trailer.
Investigating deputies spotted Zamudio's pickup a few minutes later near the intersection of Batterman Road and initiated a traffic stop, Culp said. During the stop, deputies could see a handgun and shotgun on the rear floorboard of the truck.
The truck driver who had been threatened and a witness to the incident were brought to the traffic stop location, where they identified Zamudio as the assailant, Culp said.
Zamudio was arrested at the scene.
Investigating deputies also determined the trailer being pulled by Zamudio was previously reported stolen from Laurel, Mont.
The Tundra and trailer were impounded pending a search warrant for them.
A passenger in Zamudio's vehicle was also arrested on an outstanding child support warrant from Chelan County.
Details on that arrest were not released, although Culp said that man was not involved in the confrontation at the truck stop.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge