Originally published November 13, 2013 at 02:38p.m., updated November 13, 2013 at 02:43p.m.
BRIDGEPORT Authorities are looking for a local man reported missing Tuesday morning.
Gordon Benjamin Beadell, 81, was reported missing by a friend who told Douglas County Sheriff’s Office deputies Beadell said he was going to Walmart in Chelan.
Beadell was supposed to leave for the store about 5 p.m. Monday and hasn’t returned.
Beadell was last seen driving his red 1998 Buick Skylark with Washington license plate number 91344DP, deputies said.
The missing man suffers from dementia, deputies said. He is insulin dependent and left without his medication.
So far, there are no leads as to where he might be, Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal said, adding anyone with information on Beadell should contact authorities.
The Sheriff’s Office has contacted several family members and friends to gather information about his possible whereabouts, Gjesdal said. And he has been entered into state and national databases as an endangered missing person.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires