Tuesday, November 12, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. Wenatchee attorney Stan Bastian will be introduced to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow as a nominee to be a U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Washington.
Bastian was nominated by President Obama in September. He will be introduced by Democrat Sen. Patty Murray.
Murray is expected to introduce Bastian and urge a smooth and swift confirmation process when teh committee meets at 2 p.m. in the Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
More like this story
- Obama singles out Wenatchee attorney as U.S. District Court judge
- Wenatchee lawyer nominated as District Court judge for Eastern Washington
- Judge with Lower Valley ties nominated to serve on U.S. Eastern District Court bench
- Colorado senator wants to override Supreme Court decision
- Wheeler must pay $33,500 restitution for damage to reserve lands
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge