Tuesday, November 12, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. Wenatchee attorney Stan Bastian will be introduced to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow as a nominee to be a U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Washington.
Bastian was nominated by President Obama in September. He will be introduced by Democrat Sen. Patty Murray.
Murray is expected to introduce Bastian and urge a smooth and swift confirmation process when teh committee meets at 2 p.m. in the Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
More like this story
- Obama singles out Wenatchee attorney as U.S. District Court judge
- Wenatchee lawyer nominated as District Court judge for Eastern Washington
- Judge with Lower Valley ties nominated to serve on U.S. Eastern District Court bench
- Colorado senator wants to override Supreme Court decision
- Federal judge approves Mercer Canyon settlement
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo