Tuesday, November 12, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. Wenatchee attorney Stan Bastian will be introduced to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow as a nominee to be a U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Washington.
Bastian was nominated by President Obama in September. He will be introduced by Democrat Sen. Patty Murray.
Murray is expected to introduce Bastian and urge a smooth and swift confirmation process when teh committee meets at 2 p.m. in the Room 226 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building.
More like this story
- Obama singles out Wenatchee attorney as U.S. District Court judge
- Wenatchee lawyer nominated as District Court judge for Eastern Washington
- Judge with Lower Valley ties nominated to serve on U.S. Eastern District Court bench
- Colorado senator wants to override Supreme Court decision
- Federal judge approves Mercer Canyon settlement
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington